A deserved win for Seattle could have been even more emphatic had it not been for a missed penalty from playmaker Nicolas Lodeiro on the half hour mark.
Seattle, who will host the return leg on November 30, are potentially 90 minutes away from advancing to back-to-back MLS deciders. Seattle could have doubled its lead before the half-hour whenJalil Anibaba pushed Joevin Jones to the ground in the penalty area only for Lodeiro to see Willis save the ensuing spot kick.
Seattle substitute Victor Rodriguez might have killed off the tie but his injury-time shot rattled the crossbar. The Dynamo's wretched first half continued when former Houston player Will Bruin met a Jones cross and headed in his team's second goal past a helpless Willis just before half-time. This is the Dynamo's seventh all-time trip to a conference final.
Seattle Sounders vs. Houston Dynamo in MLS Cup Playoffs
Toronto arrived in OH with strikers Jozy Altidore and Sebastian Giovinco both suspended.
Toronto goalkeeper Alex Bono also made a fine save to deny the Crew's Harrison Afful with five minutes to play.
Deere & Company (NASDAQ:DE) To Report Earnings
Allen, chairman and chief executive officer, adding that the year's sales and earnings were the fifth-highest in company history. The Firm operates through three business divisions: agriculture and turf, construction and forestry, and financial services.
- Vegas Shooting Victims Sue Hotel for Not Doing More to Prevent Tragedy
- Increases Position in Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd. (TSM)
- Gold Prices Advance as Dollar Struggles to Pare Losses; Fed Minutes Eyed
- Trump calls for Lynch suspension
- Invesco High (NYSE:VLT) Trading Up - Short interest fell by -6.00%
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Position Raised by Robshaw & Julian Associates Inc
- Voting Begins For First Phase In 24 Districts
- Brady Quinn: Insider Says Michigan Working on Lifetime Contract for Jim Harbaugh
- Redskins-Giants: Ingredients For Victory
- Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW): Insider Trading and Ownership Analysis