In a heart-warming gesture, Indian football legend Baichung Bhutia has written a letter to Jammu and Kashmir Football Association, offering his services to Majid so that he can pursue his dreams.
News of promising Kashmiri football player Majid Khan's decision to quit the terrorist outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and return to the mainstream after an impassioned plea from this mother caught the attention of the national media last week.
A missing report about his disappearance still stands registered in Damhal Hanjipora police station. I want him to train under my coaches and then we can decide where he stands as a player. We did not take it seriously when he used to come home with medals. Top security officials from Kashmir have on Sunday urged the local Kashmiris to give away militancy and return home.
Khan was member of a local football club since he in the ninth standard.
Influential Analyst Rating Changes: Vodafone Group Plc (VOD), Hess Corporation (HES)
The stock declined 0.58% or $0.29 reaching $49.53 per share. (PEBK) has risen 46.92% since November 19, 2016 and is uptrending. DAL's profit will be $734.29 million for 12.02 P/E if the $1.03 EPS becomes a reality. $1.32M worth of Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Khan said, "Relentless social media campaign has been started by Pakistan to lure youth to join militancy".
"If he is with any group, please let him go", Bhat's mother Jawahara Begum is seen requesting militants in a video, which has gone viral. The J&K police tweeted: Responding to the appeal of parents one more youth who had joined militants returns home in South Kashmir.
Hailing from Drabgam area of Pulwama district, 20-year-old fruit grower Baba has joined the militancy recently. Earlier after a 20-year-old footballer, Khan's surrendered before the Army in Anantnag on November 16 night, the authorities had said that the move had a strategic value and could set the trend among the Kashmiri youth in the militants' ranks to shun the gun and return home to lead a normal life. Though, the Superintendents of Police of both the districts have confirmed that there is no news of the return of Bhat and Baba as yet.
- USA hits Taliban drug labs in Afghanistan under new strategy
- 10 hilarious reactions to Robert Mugabe's speech
- ME boy who asked for Christmas cards loses battle with cancer
- Disneyland suspends sale of popular Southern California annual pass
- Delhi University: Dyal Singh College (Evening) renamed as 'Vande Mataram College'
- Analysts See Baxter International Inc. (NYSE:BAX) Rising 5.9%
- Analyst Stock Ratings: Weatherford International plc (WFT), Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL)
- New York Times suspends White House correspondent
- Serena Williams appears with daughter in heartfelt Gatorade commercial
- DOJ poised to sue AT&T to stop Time Warner merger