Do you like your coffee strong?
"Thousands of litres of coffee-derived B20 biodiesel will help power London buses for the first time".
Oil giant, Shell has announced that it is working in collaboration with bio-bean and the coffee drinkers of London to power some of the city's buses.
Biofuels produced from cooking oil and tallow from meat processing already powers some of London's 9,500 buses, according to the BBC. This biofuel, which makes up 20 percent of the final fuel blend, will then be mixed with traditional diesel. The fuel will be supplied by a demonstration project set up by Bio-bean Ltd, a London-based company that joined with Royal Dutch Shell Plc on the initiative.
Up to 50,000 tonnes of waste coffee grounds can be recycled in Bio-Bean's factory annually, with the coffee sourced through partnerships with coffee shops and factories across the UK. Transport for London (TfL) has increasingly turned to using biofuels to reduce transport emissions. It will produce 6,000 litres a year of the fuel.
Vivo V7 Launched In India: Price, Specifications And Availability
The device features a 5.7 inch HD+ IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1440 x 720 pixels and an aspect ratio of 18:9. For lovely selfies, it has Face Beauty 7.0 mode that claims to offer clearer, sharper and more natural selfie photo.
The biofuel contains coffee oil, extracted from waste coffee grounds. Buses don't need to be modified either, keeping costs low.
Bio-bean has partnered with thousands of coffee shops across the United Kingdom such as Costa Coffee Ltd and Caffe Nero to collect used grounds.
Bio-bean founder Arthur Kay said: "It's a great example of what can be done when we start to reimagine waste as an untapped resource".
Bio-bean was founded in 2013 and has received funding from the United Kingdom government, Shell and private investors.
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Release Date Announced, And It's Soon
- Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 Brings Co-Op Zombie Mode Called "Mission Outbreak"
- Paris Saint-Germain captain Thiago Silva reveals regular Philippe Coutinho contact
- IFFI 2017 begins today; Shah Rukh to open the festival
- Veteran Congress leader Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi passes away
- Paul Pogba return already a shot in the arm for Manchester United
- Beware of Muslim men: Hindu women told at Rajasthan fair
- Deadline Approaches For Mugabe To Resign Or Face Impeachment
- David Lee Celebrated Retirement With a Surprise Party From Fiancée Caroline Wozniacki
- Alonso to drive in Sunday's WEC rookie test with Toyota