Thanks to Zendaya and Witherspoon, A White Lie will be headed by its all-woman team: women producers, a female star, and a woman writer and screenwriter.
The actress has signed on to star in and produce the film, which will be based on Karin Tanabe's book The Gilded Years.
Zendaya will also produce the film, alongside Witherspoon and Lauren Neustadter. Despite being a descendant of former slaves, the story shows that her light skin allowed her to secretly live her life as a white woman.
Zendaya will also star in the film, playing the first African-American woman to graduate from Vassar College. The daughter of a janitor, she passed as white so she could attend Vassar at the turn of the 20th century.
Boston Red Sox: Giancarlo Stanton trade rumors heating up
Per Spotrac , Stanton has 10 years and $285 million remaining on his contract before a club option kicks in for 2028. Morosi noted the conversations are "expected to intensify at" the general manager meetings in the coming week.
In Tanabe's story, the main drama arises when Taylor finds herself attracted to Hemmings's brother (he graduated from M.I.T. with a degree in chemistry the same year), while Hemmings strikes up a romance with a white Harvard student, Porter Hamilton.
Zendaya, who launched her acting career in 2010 on Disney's "Shake It Up", recently co-starred in "Spider-Man: Homecoming" and will next appear in "The Greatest Showman", which is scheduled to hit theaters in December. She will also reprise her role as Michelle Jones in the Spider-Man sequel opposite Tom Holland.
- GameStop 'Temporarily Pauses' Unlimited Used Games Program
- More People Cry in Public Now Thanks to Netflix
- FDA Warns About 'Deadly Risks' Of Taking Kratom For Opioid Addiction
- You Won't Believe Which Fellow TV Presenter Olly Murs Is Dating
- Taylor Swift's 'Ready for It': Singer announces stadium tour
- Jon Stewart 'angry' with Louis CK over scandal
- Analysts See $0.36 EPS for Kulicke and Soffa Industries Inc. (KLIC)
- Is gun maker liable? Court takes up Newtown shooting case
- Amc Entertainment Holdings Inc (AMC) - Wedbush Reiterates Rating
- Mahira Khan's film in trouble over objectionable content