Matthew McKinley Ellis, 20, was at an off-campus apartment complex called the Millennium, located at 1651 Post Road in San Marcos, when his friends noticed that he wasn't breathing about 11 a.m. Monday.
Matthew Ellis, a Phi Kappa Psi fraternity pledge, was at an off-campus apartment Sunday night for an event hosted by members of a Texas State fraternity, according to a university press release.
The Texas State Police Department has offered assistance in this ongoing investigation.
Ellis was a business major at Texas State, according to his Facebook profile and the University Star, the school's student newspaper.
Ellis is the latest of several students to die after parties while pledging fraternities this year.
Paypal Holdings (PYPL) Stake Decreased by American International Group Inc
According to their observations and findings, the stock could provide a high EPS of $0.55/share and a low EPS of $0.49/share. PayPal Holdings, Inc. (PYPL ) now has 1.2 million shares outstanding, which means that its market capitalization is $89.11B.
SAN MARCOS, Texas- Texas State University has announced that all Greek organizations will be suspended pending an investigation into the death of a student at an off campus party.
While an official cause of death is still being determined, police say alcohol may have been a factor in Ellis' death.
A message left at the Phi Kappa Psi national office for comment was not immediately returned. EMS personnel were not able to revive him and he was pronounced dead. Trauth said the chapters aren't allowed to hold new-member events, chapter meetings, social functions and philanthropic activities.
In her email, Trauth stated she has suspend all activities of fraternities and sororities until a review has been completed.
It is imperative that our entire university community develop a culture that places the highest priority on the safety of its students, faculty, and staff.
- N****s hustle, and I hustle n****s, says Cardi B
- Cards Against Humanity Takes Aim At Trump With New Promotion
- I&B curtain falls on Nude, S Durga
- The Salvation Army Kettle Campaign kicks off this week
- Revenue Approximations Analysis: Enterprise Products Partners LP (EPD), Hanesbrands Inc. (HBI)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors Lp Increases Its Holdings in Endo Int'l Plc (ENDP)
- Why a 12-Year-Old Is Suing Jeff Sessions Over Legal Marijuana
- Multiple reports: Randolph megasite a finalist for Toyota-Mazda plant
- A Look at Target Price and Valuation of Amtrust Financial (AFSI)
- Foundry Partners LLC Acquires New Stake in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)