Matthew McKinley Ellis, 20, was at an off-campus apartment complex called the Millennium, located at 1651 Post Road in San Marcos, when his friends noticed that he wasn't breathing about 11 a.m. Monday.
Matthew Ellis, a Phi Kappa Psi fraternity pledge, was at an off-campus apartment Sunday night for an event hosted by members of a Texas State fraternity, according to a university press release.
The Texas State Police Department has offered assistance in this ongoing investigation.
Ellis was a business major at Texas State, according to his Facebook profile and the University Star, the school's student newspaper.
Ellis is the latest of several students to die after parties while pledging fraternities this year.
Newell Brands Inc. (NWL) Shares Bought by Daiwa Securities Group Inc
Kentucky-based Kentucky Retirement Systems Insur Trust Fund has invested 0.13% in Newell Brands Inc (NYSE:NWL). November 3 investment analysts at Raymond James Financial maintained a "Market Perform" rating on the company.
SAN MARCOS, Texas- Texas State University has announced that all Greek organizations will be suspended pending an investigation into the death of a student at an off campus party.
While an official cause of death is still being determined, police say alcohol may have been a factor in Ellis' death.
A message left at the Phi Kappa Psi national office for comment was not immediately returned. EMS personnel were not able to revive him and he was pronounced dead. Trauth said the chapters aren't allowed to hold new-member events, chapter meetings, social functions and philanthropic activities.
In her email, Trauth stated she has suspend all activities of fraternities and sororities until a review has been completed.
It is imperative that our entire university community develop a culture that places the highest priority on the safety of its students, faculty, and staff.
- Rochester mom admits to drowning infant son
- Is Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK) A Safe Bet For Investors?
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) Downgraded by Argus to Hold
- Denver becomes one of several United States cities to ban cat declawing
- Kansas vs Kentucky, K-State vs UMKC, Wichita State a victor
- YouTube signs Ticketmaster deal to start pushing artists' concerts
- Wannabe Baahubali tries elephant stunt, gets flung in the air
- Revenue Approximations Analysis: Enterprise Products Partners LP (EPD), Hanesbrands Inc. (HBI)
- State of Wisconsin Investment Board Acquires 93460 Shares of Amazon.com, Inc
- Cards Against Humanity Takes Aim At Trump With New Promotion