The free-to-play option includes the complete Wings of Liberty single-player story campaign (which, incidentally, earned a 9.5 rating from GameSpot when it debuted in 2010).
A new onboarding experience will also help new players find the game modes that make the most sense for them, whether you're looking for a co-op experience or want to jump straight into the PVP ranked ladder. For a limited time, players who already own Wings of Liberty (as of October 31st) but have not yet purchased Heart of the Swarm will be able to get the latter campaign free by logging in to the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app and claiming their free Heart of the Swarm gift between November 8 and December 8.
On the Account Management page, select StarCraft II, pick the right OS, and wait for the installer to work its magic.
Game players must be thrilled since the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is now available for free.
StarCraft II might be getting on a bit now - it's seven years old, in fact - but it's still a cracking game (indeed, it's one of our eight best strategy games for the PC), and you can now bag the title for free on Windows and Mac.
You can sign up for Battle.net via your Facebook account or a more traditional email/password setup. Blizzard is also offering a bundle featuring all of the campaign expansions for $40.
New Razer BlackWidow Ultimate water-resistant keyboard
The problem with most keyboards is that once you get them wet or get lots of debris inside, they tend to not work well. On the surface, not much has changed, aside from the fact that the BlackWidow is now dust- and water-resistant.
As an extra thank you to current Starcraft II players, you'll recieve a unique Eidolon Ghost skin and three portraits commemorating founder status in the game.
Everyone's probably itching to dive right into the game, but it's worth knowing what exactly the free version of StarCraft II has in store.
As for the other parts of the free experience, the co-op commanders aspect is also unlocked, though most characters can only be leveled up to level five.
However, if you bought Wings of Liberty before it became free, Blizzard will send you a code to download a digital copy of Heart of the Swarm free of charge.
Players will get access to the first campaign, the ranked ladder and the highly popular co-op mode.
- The Brokerages Set Simon Property Group Inc. (SPG) PT at $231.31
- Ram Madhav downplays Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's mediation in Ram Temple dispute
- Vodafone Grp Plc Ads (NASDAQ:VOD) Experiences Heavier than Usual Trading Volume
- Russian legislators approve bill targeting foreign media
- AP Top 25: Miami Up to No. 2 After Routing Notre Dame
- Days after Trump's visit, China to send special envoy to North Korea
- Sequential Brands Group Inc
- Samsung, arriverà sul mercato il Galaxy A5 2018
- Stores Open On Thanksgiving Day 2017 & Hours
- SS Rajamouli's Baahubali walks away with 13 Nandi awards