Solanke received his first ever England call-up at senior level at the weekend ahead of the country's home clash against Brazil on Tuesday night. Football can change quickly so if you get an opportunity, you have to take it. Football is all about confidence and belief, and if you believe in yourself and you get an opportunity than all you can do is take it.
The England Under-21 worldwide left the club in the search of regular first-team football, and despite only featuring scarcely for Liverpool since his arrival at Anfield, he has found himself presented with more frequent opportunities.
Both players wanted to make it at Chelsea but Solanke left the club to join Liverpool in the summer where he is yet to start a Premier League game.
Brazil's Dani Alves hails Man City striker Jesus as their 'new Ronaldo'
Brazil boss Tite has suggested that it is hard to make a direct comparison between Manchester City's Gabriel Jesus and Tottenham Hotspur's Harry Kane .
Solanke played for the Under-21s in a friendly against Ukraine on Friday, only to be called into the senior side the following day along with fellow newbies Norwich goalkeeper Angus Gunn and Bournemouth midfielder Lewis Cook to help offset a raft of drop-outs.
Both players will be on the bench at Wembley tonight but the dream remains to reunite their Chelsea partnership on the worldwide stage. This came in Liverpool's underwhelming 2-0 defeat against Leicester City in the Carabao Cup earlier on in the season.
He knows a lot of us and it is a good time to be young England player. You always watch them and think how good they are, so it will be unbelievable.
- Turnbull cops a battering over same-sex marriage
- Martin Midstream Partners LP (NasdaqGS:MMLP): A Look at the Health & Margins
- Stock Performance to Track: Best Buy Co., Inc. (BBY)
- Saudi-led coalition bombs airport runway in Yemen's capital
- Trending Stocks Alert: Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE), Facebook, Inc. (FB)
- Sequential Brands Group Inc
- Handmaid's Tale season two release date revealed
- Wages rise 0.5% seasonally adjusted
- Olstein Capital Management, Lp Significantly Raises Its Stake in Seaworld Entertainment Inc
- Trump meets Australian, Japanese leaders to talk about China, North Korea