The Charmed star was under police investigation after two bags of cocaine were found in her purse after it was found on a United Airlines plane.
The felony charge stems from a police investigation of personal belongings left behind on a United flight arriving at Washington Dulles International Airport on January 20.
A spokesperson for Weinstein previously told PEOPLE in a statement, "Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein".
McGowan has claimed that the charges would have been made to go away, had she agreed to remain silent about Weinstein.
More People Cry in Public Now Thanks to Netflix
The next time you spot someone crying on the bus, just know that it's probably because they're watching their favorite show on the go.
Rose was one of the main subjects of the original New York Times expose detailing years of alleged sexual misconduct from Weinstein. The arrest warrant was issued on February 1, 2017.
The actress was released on a $5,000 unsecured bond, the jail told the Daily News.
In a series of tweets on October 12, 2017, McGowan said Weinstein raped her and Amazon Studios ignored her complaints.
McGowan seemingly tweeted about the warrant last month, writing, "Are they trying to silence me?"
McGowan has been very outspoken about sexual harassment in Hollywood. McGowan said that back in 1997 she reached a $100,000 settlement with the Hollywood executive for "an episode in a hotel room during the Sundance Film Festival".
- GameStop 'Temporarily Pauses' Unlimited Used Games Program
- Iran pledges swift aid after major quake kills 400
- Ben Affleck Stars in Hilarious New Superhero Trailer Directed by JJ Abrams
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia announced for 2018
- FDA Warns About 'Deadly Risks' Of Taking Kratom For Opioid Addiction
- Amc Entertainment Holdings Inc (AMC) - Wedbush Reiterates Rating
- Uber drivers the focus of class action suit alleging sexual assault
- A Member of Congress Exposed Himself to a Staffer, Lawmakers Say
- Stocks to Watch For: Apple Inc. (AAPL), Intel Corporation
- Trade deficit widens to three year high