The boy's mother Markiya Mitchell, 25, was taken into custody at the scene of the crime.
Markiya Mitchell a 25 year old Rochester, NY woman has been charged with second degree murder following the bathtub drowning of her ten day old son.
EMTs took the baby boy to Rochester General Hospital, where doctors pronounced him dead shortly after his arrival.
The complaint says Mitchell filled the tub with 8 to 10 inches of bath water and left him submerged.
Fox Sports Accused of Playing Role in Bribing Officials — FIFA Trial
After being charged in 2015, Burzaco testified that he briefly went into hiding before deciding to turn himself in and cooperate. In a statement, Globo vehemently denied making bribes and said it was willing to cooperate with USA authorities.
Mitchell is being held in Monroe County Jail without bail.
Police say that when police arrived on scene on Locust Street around 2:30 p.m. Monday, they were told the child was found in bathtub of the home. Nevertheless it is now thought that individual is the child's father who Mitchell had been fighting with.
Mitchell attended her arraignment hearing Tuesday morning in Rochester City Court, where she pleaded not guilty to the second-degree murder charge. Authorities also declined to discuss her mental state. She had just regained custody of the child from CPS. The 25-year-old is also the mother of another child.
Additional charges are pending in the case and Mitchell is scheduled to return to City Court Friday morning for a preliminary hearing. In addition to her late 10-day-old son, Mitchell is also the mother of a 7-year-old child, who was not home at the time of the incident and is now in the care of another family member.
- Dynavax Technologies (DVAX) - Cantor Fitzgerald Reiterates Rating
- I&B curtain falls on Nude, S Durga
- Trump approval ratings dip back to near his lowest
- NCAA grants Braxton Beverly immediate eligibility
- YouTube signs Ticketmaster deal to start pushing artists' concerts
- HSBC To Pay €300M To Settle French Tax Probe Into Swiss Arm
- Race to Dubai victor Henrik Stenson out of 2017 European Tour finale
- Rose McGowan turns herself in for drug possession warrant
- Uber drivers the focus of class action suit alleging sexual assault
- Taylor Swift's 'Ready for It': Singer announces stadium tour