The boy's mother Markiya Mitchell, 25, was taken into custody at the scene of the crime.
Markiya Mitchell a 25 year old Rochester, NY woman has been charged with second degree murder following the bathtub drowning of her ten day old son.
EMTs took the baby boy to Rochester General Hospital, where doctors pronounced him dead shortly after his arrival.
The complaint says Mitchell filled the tub with 8 to 10 inches of bath water and left him submerged.
Trump approval ratings dip back to near his lowest
The university conducted its latest poll of 1,577 registered voters from November 7 to 13 through cell phone and landlines. But "American voter opinions of most Trump qualities remain negative", the university's poll report states.
Mitchell is being held in Monroe County Jail without bail.
Police say that when police arrived on scene on Locust Street around 2:30 p.m. Monday, they were told the child was found in bathtub of the home. Nevertheless it is now thought that individual is the child's father who Mitchell had been fighting with.
Mitchell attended her arraignment hearing Tuesday morning in Rochester City Court, where she pleaded not guilty to the second-degree murder charge. Authorities also declined to discuss her mental state. She had just regained custody of the child from CPS. The 25-year-old is also the mother of another child.
Additional charges are pending in the case and Mitchell is scheduled to return to City Court Friday morning for a preliminary hearing. In addition to her late 10-day-old son, Mitchell is also the mother of a 7-year-old child, who was not home at the time of the incident and is now in the care of another family member.
- Samuel, Larsen hobbled by injuries for Panthers vs. Dolphins
- Bharat-22 ETF managed by ICICI Prudential to raise Rs 8000 crore
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) Downgraded by Argus to Hold
- NCAA grants Braxton Beverly immediate eligibility
- Rose McGowan turns herself in for drug possession warrant
- Taylor Swift's 'Ready for It': Singer announces stadium tour
- Why a 12-Year-Old Is Suing Jeff Sessions Over Legal Marijuana
- HSBC To Pay €300M To Settle French Tax Probe Into Swiss Arm
- Newell Brands Inc. (NWL) Shares Bought by Daiwa Securities Group Inc
- Fox Sports Accused of Playing Role in Bribing Officials — FIFA Trial