In their 30-minute long meeting, officials said that Ravi Shankar briefed the chief minister about his initiative to try thrash out a mutually acceptable formula to the long simmering Ayodhya dispute. "We welcome any settlement and will honour the decision of the court", he said.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) national general secretary Ram Madhav on Wednesday downplayed Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's visit to Ayodhya and said they all should first allow the legal process to be completed in the Supreme Court, only after which other options should be explored.
S. Prakash further said Owaisi had no role to play in the Ayodhya dispute, which he should understand.
Spiritual leader and Art of Living guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has created a controversy after making statements about homosexuality at Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Wages rise 0.5% seasonally adjusted
The bulk of wage growth came from the public sector, which grew by 2.4 per cent over the past year. Wages have lagged the recovery in the Australian labour market.
Amarnath Mishra, who is the interlocutor for the Ram temple issue had met with the spiritual leader last week, reports said.
On a day spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar offered to mediate in the Ayodhya Ram temple dispute of his "own will", the BJP on Monday made a decision to tread cautiously, saying that it is his "democratic right" and the party or the government has nothing to do with it.
On October 31st, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar had held talks with Shia Waqf Board and representatives of the Hindu Mahasabha.
Sri Sri is likely to reach Ayodhya on Thursday afternoon and meet the head of the Ram Janma Bhoomi Nyaas, Mahant Nritya Gopal Das at Maniram Chawni, and later hold deliberations with Ram Vilas Vedanti and Iqbal Ansari, son of late Hashim Ansari, the petitioner from the Muslim side in the dispute.
- Flipkart Phone Billion Capture+ to Go on Sale Wednesday, Launch Offers Detailed
- Martin Midstream Partners LP (NasdaqGS:MMLP): A Look at the Health & Margins
- Solanke delighted with England call-up
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Position Lessened by Rothschild Investment Corp IL
- SS Rajamouli's Baahubali walks away with 13 Nandi awards
- North Korea says USA carrier groups raise nuclear war threat
- Stock Performance to Track: Best Buy Co., Inc. (BBY)
- Saudi-led coalition bombs airport runway in Yemen's capital
- President Xi back home after APEC summit, state visits to Vietnam, Laos
- Zimbabwe Ruling Party Denies Coup Amid Reports Of Tanks Near Capital