Chinese President Xi Jinping met with Vietnamese Communist Party chief Nguyen Phu Trong in Hanoi after the disputed waterway was widely discussed at the ASEAN summit over the weekend.
Chinese President Xi Jinping returned to Beijing on Tuesday evening after paying state visits to Vietnam and Laos.
The enhancement of healthy and stable development of bilateral friendship and comprehensive cooperation is in line with basic and long-term interests of the two countries and peoples, and benefits peace, stability and development in the region and the world.
After the meeting, the two leaders witnessed the signing of a cooperation deal between the two foreign ministries.
"The cooperation of our two countries should be more focused on improving people's livelihood, thus benefiting more local residents", said Xi, also general secretary of the Communist Party of China Central Committee.
Batman Recruits Aquaman in New Justice League Promo
This week, the Justice League movie will finally hit theaters and give fans the ultimate team up of DC's greatest heroes.
He emphasized the two countries should continue maintaining high-level contacts, deepen exchanges of the experience of governing the parties and the countries, strengthen cooperation in defense, law enforcement and security, and enhance friendship between the two peoples.
He encouraged the two countries' legislatures to keep up the tradition of high-level exchanges.
Vientiane is the final leg of Xi's first overseas trip after the 19th CPC National Congress, which was held last month.
November 13, 2017 (EIRNS)-During Chinese President Xi Jinping's visit to attend the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum in Da Nang, Vietnam and China agreed today to avoid all conflicts in the South China Sea (called East Sea in Vietnam), in a move aimed at easing tensions over Beijing's claims to most of the waterway, Agence France Presse reported.
Vietnam and China should bolster the effectiveness of cooperation in economy, trade, investment, agriculture, environment, and science-technology, while stepping up the implementation of China's major projects using advanced and environmentally friendly technology in Vietnam.
- 'Hannity' Fans Smash Keurig Brewers Over Company's Decision To Pull Ads
- DUBAI: Indigo Partners signs MoU for 430 A320neos
- UC Browser no longer available on the Google Play Store
- Sessions Won't Promise Special Counsel for Uranium One
- Alaska Airlines to halt flights to Cuba
- Flipkart Phone Billion Capture+ to Go on Sale Wednesday, Launch Offers Detailed
- Turnbull cops a battering over same-sex marriage
- Brazil's Dani Alves hails Man City striker Jesus as their 'new Ronaldo'
- South Korea rattled by rare 5.4-magnitude quake
- SunTrust Banks, Inc. Reaffirms Buy Rating for AbbVie Inc. (NYSE:ABBV)