The Frenchman spent time recuperating in Miami in October and has since returned to Manchester, where he has been training with United's reserves.
The absence of the French star due to a hamstring problem has suddenly seen United forced to play a much less expansive game without his passing, having left Mourinho with few alternative options in midfield.
The Red Devils head into their game with Newcastle looking to get back to winning ways after the disappointment of their 1-0 loss to Chelsea before the global break left them eight points behind leaders Manchester City after 11 matches of the new campaign.
Even if things go spectacularly well for Manchester United, they will be neck and neck with Pep Guardiola's side.
Jose Mourinho has reportedly made Valencia midfielder Carlos Soler their primary January target despite funds being "much more constrained".
YouTube signs Ticketmaster deal to start pushing artists' concerts
As of today, the feature is set up for North American tour dates only, but YouTube says it plans to expand globally. Starting today, YouTube will begin featuring hundreds of artist's upcoming USA tour dates on their YouTube videos.
Valencia are now second, four points behind La Liga leaders Barcelona.
Delaney notes that Soler would likely cost around £40 million, but United could explore the possibility of including Andreas Pereira in a cash-plus-player arrangement.
Valencia find themselves in a fair amount of debt and a Champions League spot this season would be huge.
Paul Pogba is unlikely to feature for Manchester United against Newcastle United on Saturday with the club cautious to put him under any risks after such a protracted spell on the sidelines, according to reports.
Silva also came through the ranks at Valencia.
- Race to Dubai victor Henrik Stenson out of 2017 European Tour finale
- Uber drivers the focus of class action suit alleging sexual assault
- Intelligence Community Legends Say Putin Is Playing Trump
- Sock edges Cilic to keep ATP Finals dream alive
- Trade deficit widens to three year high
- Dynavax Technologies (DVAX) - Cantor Fitzgerald Reiterates Rating
- Taylor Swift's 'Ready for It': Singer announces stadium tour
- Inc. Grows Position in Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT)
- Trump approval ratings dip back to near his lowest
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia announced for 2018