Beverly enrolled at Ohio State last May and took summer classes for one month before that school fired basketball coach Thad Matta.
Beverly originally committed to play at Ohio State, a program that's fallen off a cliff in the past few years.
Braxton Beverly, the former Perry County Central star who twice had been denied eligibility by the NCAA under its transfer rules, will be able to play Tuesday night after winning his latest appeal.
"Braxton is absolutely thrilled with the NCAA's decision to make him immediately eligible to compete for NC State this season", Tompsett said in a statement.
Tesla accused of racial discrimination in lawsuit
NEW YORK - DEC 14, 2016: Tesla CEO Elon Musk is seen in the lobby of Trump Tower on December 14, 2016, in New York. He also claimed he was passed over for promotions because he complained to HR, according to Business Insider .
The NCAA tweeted out its decision saying, "Based on additional information, NCAA staff reconsidered and granted NC State's transfer waiver request for Braxton Beverly, allowing him to compete immediately". Beverly is expected to debut tonight in the Wolfpack's game against Bryant. "He is very grateful", Tompsett said. Therefore the NCAA ruled the four-star point guard would have to sit out the entire 2017-18 season just like any other transfer would.
The optics of the NCAA ruling were even worse considering it came down on the same day as North Carolina escaped serious punishment for decades of gross academic fraud.
The announcement ends a monthslong process of waiver requests and appeals after Beverly, an incoming freshman, chose to transfer from Ohio State after Thad Matta's abrupt firing this summer.
After a waiver request and subsequent appeal, Beverly was still ineligible.
- Trump approval ratings dip back to near his lowest
- Trade deficit widens to three year high
- Is gun maker liable? Court takes up Newtown shooting case
- Analysts See $0.36 EPS for Kulicke and Soffa Industries Inc. (KLIC)
- Sock edges Cilic to keep ATP Finals dream alive
- The Apple Watch AI Can Detect Hypertension
- Rose McGowan turns herself in for drug possession warrant
- HSBC To Pay €300M To Settle French Tax Probe Into Swiss Arm
- Senate committee questions Trump's nuclear authority
- Mahira Khan's film in trouble over objectionable content