Alabama is one of two states still in the running for the $1.6 billion Toyota-Mazda manufacturing plant.
North Carolina economic development officials do not, by policy, discuss the status of negotiations with prospective companies that might be considering the state to relocate or expand. The Jackson Sun newspaper quoted an economic development executive who said he believes North Carolina is the leading state with SC - not Alabama - the other contender. Whatever the competition, North Carolina keeps surfacing as a finalist.
Tennessee, Texas, and SC were among the more than dozen states linked to the factory. As we previously reported, the factory should produce around 300,000 vehicles a year and create as many as 4,000 new jobs.
The Randolph County Planning Board was set to vote Tuesday night on a rezoning request that would add 370 acres to the 1,500-acre mega-site south of Greensboro.
Samuel, Larsen hobbled by injuries for Panthers vs. Dolphins
Samuel's ankle injury was thought to be serious and this all but confirms it. "They weren't very optimistic", Rivera said. Now, with Samuel out for the season, the Panthers have to turn to others to inject that much-needed speed.
The companies are reportedly seeking $1 billion in incentives from state and local governments to land the plant, which would be more than 10 times the largest incentive deal North Carolina has ever awarded. Mazda executive vice president Akira Marumoto told reporters that the automakers will announce a final decision on the plant location by early next year.
The joint factory, proposed to open in 2021, is the first new auto plant to be announced during the tenure of President Donald Trump.
- Sock edges Cilic to keep ATP Finals dream alive
- Zendaya Will Play 1st African-American Woman to Graduate From Vassar
- NCAA grants Braxton Beverly immediate eligibility
- Taylor Swift's 'Ready for It': Singer announces stadium tour
- Race to Dubai victor Henrik Stenson out of 2017 European Tour finale
- HSBC To Pay €300M To Settle French Tax Probe Into Swiss Arm
- Dynavax Technologies (DVAX) - Cantor Fitzgerald Reiterates Rating
- Torey Lovullo and Paul Molitor win Managers of the Year
- Rose McGowan turns herself in for drug possession warrant
- Potential boost for Newcastle over Luke Shaw as Manchester United identify replacement