The order, first announced at the Paris show in June, is valued at $2.2 billion at list prices.
Dubai-based budget carrier, flydubai, is nearing a deal to order 175 Boeing 737 MAX jets, sources familiar with the matter said. When finalized, the purchase promises to sustain tens of thousands of direct and indirect jobs in Boeing's USA factories and network of suppliers, according to Boeing.
Boeing on Wednesday announced an order from Gulf airline flydubai for 225 medium-haul 737 MAX aircraft with a list price of $27 billion, hailing it as the "largest-ever single-aisle jet order" from a Middle East carrier. Flydubai's last order from Boeing dates back to 2013.
The deal for 430 A320neos from USA aviation investor Bill Franke's Indigo Partners more than doubles Airbus' previous order book for the year.
Flydubai Chairman Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed al-Maktoum said the new order will "strengthen trade and tourism links across its network" and boost the connectivity of Dubai as an aviation hub.
Martin Midstream Partners LP (NasdaqGS:MMLP): A Look at the Health & Margins
The score ranges from zero to six where a 0 would indicate no evidence of book cooking, and a 6 would indicate a high likelihood. The formula is calculated by looking at companies that have a high earnings yield as well as a high return on invested capital.
The aircraft will start being delivered from 2020, Boeing Commercial Airplanes sales chief Ihssane Mounir said at a news conference. "Understanding the demand for travel across our network, our innovative approach to our cabin design and developing a product unique to our market has allowed us to exceed our passengers' expectations in their flying experience".
After today's announcement it has a total of 320 aircraft on order.
"We are extremely honored that flydubai has selected to be an all-Boeing operator for many years to come".
"Boeing Commercial Airplanes president and chief executive Kevin McAllister added".
"We have had success with the 737 family in the past and are confident the 737 MAX will continue to help grow our business". The rest of the initial order will be made up of the MAX 8 and MAX 9.
- Kite Realty Group Trust (KRG) Sees Large Drop in Short Interest
- Olstein Capital Management, Lp Significantly Raises Its Stake in Seaworld Entertainment Inc
- Zimbabwe Ruling Party Denies Coup Amid Reports Of Tanks Near Capital
- Valuation Review and Technical Analysis of Synergy Pharma Cmn (SGYP)
- President Xi back home after APEC summit, state visits to Vietnam, Laos
- Ram Madhav downplays Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's mediation in Ram Temple dispute
- Trending Stocks Alert: Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE), Facebook, Inc. (FB)
- WPI inflation increases to six-month high of 3.6% in October 2017
- Saudi-led coalition bombs airport runway in Yemen's capital
- Stock Performance to Track: Best Buy Co., Inc. (BBY)