Three UCLA basketball players held in China for a week are on their way back to Los Angeles, according to the L.A. Times.
Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott said early Tuesday that the Bruins players, detained November 7, are on a plane bound for Los Angeles, adding that the "matter has been resolved to the satisfaction of the Chinese authorities".
UCLA beat Georgia Tech 63-60 without the three freshmen.
Besides coinciding with Trump's visit, the case drew attention in the United States due to the involvement of Ball, one of three high-profile basketball-playing sons of LaVar Ball.
The Washington Post broke the news on Monday that Trump, while on a trip in Asia, personally asked Chinese President Xi Jinping to help resolve the situation. "They [the Chinese authorities] do not play games".
ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK? Film Gets STEPHEN KING'S IT Screenwriter
The network aired it as part of its "SNICK" lineup, which was a block of programming for adolescents that ran on Saturday nights. Here's hoping the movie is even half as creepy as this iconic intro.
Ball's father, LaVar, said in a statement on social media that the process could take months.
"What they did was unfortunate", Trump said.
The players were released on bail last Wednesday and have been staying at hotel in Hangzhou, awaiting a decision from authorities that could range from release to fines to years of detainment.
The U.S. official indicated that the players' charges have been reduced and the case is being resolved.
A USA official who spoke on the condition of anonymity told The Post that Xi promised to look into the case and ensure that the players be treated fairly and expeditiously, adding that the charges against the three players have been reduced and that the case is moving toward a resolution.
- Dimensional Fund Advisors Lp Increases Its Holdings in Endo Int'l Plc (ENDP)
- A Look at Target Price and Valuation of Amtrust Financial (AFSI)
- Unbiased Equity Research: The Boeing Company (BA), McDonald's Corporation (MCD)
- Blake Shelton named 'People's Sexiest Man Alive'
- Wannabe Baahubali tries elephant stunt, gets flung in the air
- Is Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK) A Safe Bet For Investors?
- This giant pink diamond could sell for $30 million at auction
- Cards Against Humanity Takes Aim At Trump With New Promotion
- Foundry Partners LLC Acquires New Stake in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
- Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (SIRI) Lifted to "Buy" at Zacks Investment Research