In a video uploaded to her More Zoella YouTube channel, the social media star said she wanted to speak out because she wants her fans to know that "I do care about how you feel about things".
"Again I know she might not set the prices, but her target audience who would buy these don't have £50 to spend on an advent calendar!" said one. The retailer will now be selling the Christmas calendar at the reduced price of £25 from 16 November.
Many parents branded the product a rip off and many said the actual contents of the calendar were certainly not worthy of the £50 price tag and included items such as stickers, a pen and confetti.
And in August, she was slammed by fans for posting a "jokey gif" of Bill Cosby on Twitter - before swiftly deleting it.
"Zoella is a ideal example of people deliberately using their platforms for nothing other than to give themselves a bigger pay cheque every month".
However, it wasn't all bad, as one mum pointed out the advent calendar had kept her little one entertained for hours, having opened it early.
The beauty vlogger's advent calendar has caused uproar this week.
5.4-magnitude quake hits S.Korea
Nuclear power plants in Gyeongju and the surrounding areas are reported to be safe and unaffected by the natural disaster . According to local TV footage, some of the buildings saw external wall damaged and window broken.
So Zoe thought it only right to mention the situation in her latest vlog, as she explains that it wasn't down to her to come up with the price point.
Another said: "All the drama over the Zoella advent calendar is rather ridiculous to be honest".
A spokesperson for Zoella Lifestyle said the YouTube star, whose real name is Zoe Sugg, was not involved in pricing.
Zoella - YouTube sensation and beauty blogger - has launched a Christmas advent calendar called the Zoella 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar.
The Boots and Zoella collaboration features 12 items, which many fans do not believe equate to the cost of the calendar.
She now lives in Brighton with her boyfriend and fellow online vlogger Alfie Deyes who runs PointlessBlog.
- ICRA welcomes GST cut on restaurants
- Germany Strike Late To Draw With France And Preserve Unbeaten Run
- Kite Realty Group Trust (KRG) Sees Large Drop in Short Interest
- Four People Killed in Northern California Shooting
- Britain's Johnson to meet husband of aid worker jailed in Iran
- Stock Performance to Track: Best Buy Co., Inc. (BBY)
- Russian legislators approve bill targeting foreign media
- Australia beat Honduras 3-1 to qualify for World Cup soccer
- Kim Kardashian Just Accidentally Revealed The Sex Of Her Third Child
- The RiverPoint Capital Management LLC Increases Position in Union Pacific Corporation (UNP)