This marks the first time he visited the region gripped by secessionist agitation and anti-Buhari sentiments since his inauguration in 2015.
Buhari arrived in Ebonyi State where he was received by the governor and other top brass of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
Recall the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, in a statement released by its spokesperson Emma Powerful, warned that "today will be recorded in history as a very bloody day should that Jubril masquerading as Buhari attempt to land on Biafran soil".
He will also be conferred with two traditional chieftaincy titles by traditional rulers in the state before rounding off the event with a dinner later in the night.
FDA Warns About 'Deadly Risks' Of Taking Kratom For Opioid Addiction
It asked the FDA to expedite a scientific and medical evaluation and a recommendation for how to handle the compounds in kratom. More than 340 million shipments of kratom reach the USA each year, even though the FDA has seized hundreds more.
"I am overwhelmed with joy over the show of love and solidarity of Enugu residents to our admirable and loving President as he visits the South- East; which Enugu State is the capital of the zone", the Enugu state Governor said.
TheNewsGuru reports President Buhari was conferred with the title of Enyioma 1 of Ebonyi and Ochioha Ndi Igbo 1.
Buhari's visit was preceded by threats of attacks against him by IPOB members. They are pushing for a seperate Republic of Biafra, an earlier struggle that 50 years ago led to the loss of over a million lives.
He said, "If the President believes women should not rule over men, that it is northern believe not for all Nigerian".
- Taylor Swift's 'Ready for It': Singer announces stadium tour
- Amazon confirms launch plans, will open with retail and marketplace offering
- Intelligence Community Legends Say Putin Is Playing Trump
- Torey Lovullo and Paul Molitor win Managers of the Year
- Rose McGowan turns herself in for drug possession warrant
- NCAA grants Braxton Beverly immediate eligibility
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia announced for 2018
- Sock edges Cilic to keep ATP Finals dream alive
- Rapper-Actress Eve Officially Joins The Talk as Co-Host
- HSBC To Pay €300M To Settle French Tax Probe Into Swiss Arm