"At the 15th India-ASEAN Summit, the prime minister and ASEAN Leaders will review the commemorative activities undertaken in 2017 to mark the 25 years of India's dialogue partnership with ASEAN, as well as review the broad spectrum of India-ASEAN cooperation in all its aspects", the ministry said.
He noted the ASEAN and the European Union are already developing anti-terror cooperation through information sharing via Interpol and Europol and the exchange of best practices on dealing with violent extremism.
The Prime Minister said that it was time for the ASEAN nations to jointly address the challenge of terrorism.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday conveyed India's total support and commitment to work with the East Asia Summit, an influential bloc, to address political, security and trade related issues in the region.
Both Mr. Modi and Mr. Li had chit-chat on Sunday also during a gala dinner hosted by Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte. China claims sovereignty over nearly all of the South China Sea, a huge source of hydrocarbons.
It was reported that close to seven million - or two-thirds of about 10 million global migrants living and working in Asean - come from within the region. However, several Asean members including Vietnam, the Philippines and Brunei have counter claims.
Blake Shelton named 'People's Sexiest Man Alive'
Sexy, ' you'd always see him go, 'Well, awwww...' If you say that to me, it's going to be, 'You're damn right, I'm Mr. The Voice star also said he couldn't wait to shove the news in pal Adam Levine's face.
Modi and Duterte resolved to expand bilateral ties.
Prime Minister Modi also talked about shared values and common destiny between India and ASEAN. "And tensions and radicalization in the Asia-Pacific can destabilize the world well beyond your region", Tusk said in his remarks at the ASEAN-EU 40th anniversary commemorative summit.
"1.25 billion people of India are keen to welcome the ASEAN Leaders as our Chief Guests at India's 69th Republic Day Celebrations", Modi said.
Duterte, whose country is the chair of ASEAN this year, handed over the chairmanship of ASEAN for 2018 to Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
The RCEP, comprising 10-member ASEAN bloc and six other countries - India, China, Japan, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand, is engaged in negotiations for a free trade pact.
- Papa John's clarifies its stance regarding National Football League , player protests
- 'Hannity' Fans Smash Keurig Brewers Over Company's Decision To Pull Ads
- PH, New Zealand sign education agreement
- China sending envoy to North Korea after Trump's Beijing visit
- Trump meets Australian, Japanese leaders to talk about China, North Korea
- Unbiased Equity Research: The Boeing Company (BA), McDonald's Corporation (MCD)
- Oilers acquire Cammalleri from Kings for Jokinen
- Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN) Earns Hold Rating from Mizuho
- Batman Recruits Aquaman in New Justice League Promo
- Capital Management Associates NY Lowers Holdings in MGM Resorts International (MGM)