Paramount Pictures arm Paramount Players has hired Gary Dauberman, the writer behind New Line horror movies It and Annabelle: Creation, to pen the script and produce the project, THR has confirmed. While Clarissa Explains It All awakened everyone's desires to fill their closets with all-neon clothing, Are You Afraid of the Dark awakened everyone's deep-seated fears of, well, everything really. "I hope the Midnight Society approves", said Dauberman. Are You Afraid of the Dark? touched on all the basics ― dolls, clowns, what have you ― and gave, um, certain writers nightmares that they recall to this day...
Here's hoping the movie is even half as creepy as this iconic intro.
Cards Against Humanity Takes Aim At Trump With New Promotion
The land purchase and the new website are actually part of the kickoff to the company's annual holiday season marketing stunt. And this isn't the first time that Cards Against Humanity has turned to real estate for the sake of its holiday jokes.
The movie of the show will be a product of the new Paramount division called Paramount Players, which, as Variety reported, "focuses on contemporary talent". We're ready to see it, though ― just, you know, with the lights on. Nickelodeon is one of those Viacom brands and is already developing a "Dora the Explorer" pic through Paramount Players with Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes producing.
Via The Hollywood Reporter, Dauberman indicated that his take on Are You Afraid of the Dark? would remain true to the spirit of the original series, which actually made its debut on Canada's YTV in 1990 before it was picked up by Nickelodeon. The network aired it as part of its "SNICK" lineup, which was a block of programming for adolescents that ran on Saturday nights.
- Blake Shelton named 'People's Sexiest Man Alive'
- Wannabe Baahubali tries elephant stunt, gets flung in the air
- Antibiotic awareness week launched in Suva
- The Salvation Army Kettle Campaign kicks off this week
- Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN) Earns Hold Rating from Mizuho
- State of Wisconsin Investment Board Acquires 93460 Shares of Amazon.com, Inc
- Earnings Prediction Review: Henry Schein, Inc. (HSIC)
- Kate's uncle hit wife 'after coke row'
- Maronite Patriarch Arrives in Saudi Arabia
- Kansas vs Kentucky, K-State vs UMKC, Wichita State a victor