Given his faith, it's not surprising how Goodwin explained how he played Sunday hours after his wife, Morgan, delivered their stillborn son at 19 weeks because of complications.
Goodwin, 26, revealed after the 49ers' game on Sunday that their baby boy passed away due to complications during pregnancy. At all. I really didn't even practice that week, I was just going through a lot. "We do have a lot of people that followed us through our journey so maybe we can help people who have dealt with similar things that we have gone through and learn things from people who have been through our situation".
"Morgan and I appreciate all the love that we've gotten", Goodwin said.
The Goodwins are spending the 49ers bye week with family members in Texas, where he and his wife were University of Texas track stars. "I said, 'Baby, just go out there and do your thing, '" she recalled.
In fact, in Sunday's 31-21 win over the Giants, Goodwin prayed on the field over injured NY defensive lineman Jason Pierre-Paul.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) Downgraded by Argus to Hold
M Holding Inc has invested 0.22% in Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT). 202,224 are held by Biondo Investment Limited Liability Com. Smith Salley Assocs accumulated 24,281 shares. 6,930 are owned by Williams Jones And Assoc Ltd Liability Corporation.
Shanahan, who's been coaching in the National Football League for 14 seasons, has seen players lose loved ones in days leading up to games and knows the mental weight it can carry.
"I think it speaks more to her character than mine", Goodwin said. He credited his wife for giving him the courage to play in Week 10 versus the New York Giants. However, God had other plans for us. "I thought just from a system standpoint, we were able to run our offense the best".
Unfortunately for the Giants, 49ers wide receiver Kendrick Bourne gets open beyond the sticks before Vernon and Grant can retreat back to defend against the pass. Praying for him is pretty simple because if I was down, I would want people to pray for me. "'I'll be okay.'" And he stunned both of them - and 49ers fans, most of whom knew nothing about the pregnancy or miscarriage - with his 83-yard touchdown. He hopes his choice to play in the wake of a personal tragedy will serve as an inspiration to others.
"Never stop believing. The reward will last longer than the pain", Goodwin said, via Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports. Goodwin has been around the game for some time, but it's clear his score Sunday will always be one of the most meaningful moments of his career. No matter what the outcome is, as long as you pray to him and be genuine because he knows when you're genuine and when you're not and maintain the faith, I think things will turn around for you.
- Dearborn Partners LLC Purchases 9520 Shares of Automatic Data Processing (NYSE:ADP)
- NCAA grants Braxton Beverly immediate eligibility
- Potential boost for Newcastle over Luke Shaw as Manchester United identify replacement
- Torey Lovullo and Paul Molitor win Managers of the Year
- Biafra separatists checked as Buhari gets top title on visit to Igboland
- Fox Sports Accused of Playing Role in Bribing Officials — FIFA Trial
- Earnings Prediction Review: Henry Schein, Inc. (HSIC)
- Blues leading race to sign Schalke 04 midfielder alongside Premier League rivals
- Kansas vs Kentucky, K-State vs UMKC, Wichita State a victor
- Newell Brands Inc. (NWL) Shares Bought by Daiwa Securities Group Inc