Sweden managed to grind out a goalless draw at the San Siro this evening to ensure they reached next summer's major tournament courtesy of a 1-0 aggregate victory.
"Jaaaaaaaa! It will be the World Cup for Sweden in 2018 after two strong matches against Italy".
TEARFUL Gianluigi Buffon apologised to Italy fans while announcing his retirement from global duty.
"I leave a squad of talent that will have their say, including Gigi Donnarumma and Mattia Perin". Resignation? I have to evaluate an infinity of issues. After the match, he said: "I have not resigned because I haven't spoken to the president yet".
"I'm so proud of us", he told Swedish television.
Lord of the Rings Franchise Gets TV Spinoff
There is no word yet when the new series will begin playing in your living room and scant details about what will be included. The estate, HarperCollins and the films' distributor New Line Cinema will help Amazon produce the television series.
"It's a very heavy result to bear, because I was absolutely convinced that we had this ferocious desire to overcome the obstacle". "Congratulations to the national team!" he wrote on Facebook. "Not taking part in the Russia World Cup is an enormous slap in the face. He is 54 years old and he has never had to go through something like this". By Tuesday, it had over a million likes on Instagram, but Andersson didn't seem entirely positive about a possible return.
"Those who've played know how hard these matches are".
This is the first time since 2006 that Sweden has qualified for the world showpiece.
Ventura had made changes from Friday's defeat with Brazil-born Jorginho making his Italy debut and Alessandro Florenzi and Manolo Gabbiadini also handed starts, although Napoli's in-form winger Lorenzo Insigne was again left on the bench. "We couldn't do it in any other way, they are so skillful", Andersson said. "I pointed to Insigne too. I just thought perhaps it was better that Insigne come on instead".
Failure to qualify has heaped pressure on Italy boss Gian Piero Ventura, with the sport daily Corriere dello Sport calling for him to step down, while the headline in La Gazzetta dello Sport read "Italy, this is the apocalypse".
"It is an intolerable football shame, an indelible stain", the newspaper said.
- Mobile REVVL Plus offers 6-inch display and dual rear cameras
- S&P declares Venezuela in default
- Police shoot vehicle to stop it, killing driver
- Supermarket prices rising at fastest rate in 4 years
- GDP up by 0.6% in both euro area and EU28
- New York Becomes 28th State to Legalize Medical Marijuana for PTSD
- Buffalo Wild Wings could push for a spiced-up bid
- Keep your cheap awards that peel - Davido blasts AFRIMA organizers
- Procter & Gamble Company (PG) Ownership Decreased by Amf Pensionsforsakring Ab
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (ATVI) Stake Lowered by Keybank National Association OH