New Yorkers who reported to Western Union or to the Attorney General's Office that they had been the victim of a scam using Western Union may receive a claim form in the mail within the next two weeks.
Scammers contacted people and promised prizes, loans, jobs, discounted products or other financial rewards in exchange for money upfront. Victims were then directed to send money through Western Union to purportedly help their relative or claim their prize.
Giants owners say McAdoo staying as coach until season's end
Both the offense and defense fell apart, Eli Manning completed 28 of 37 for 273 yards with two touchdowns and a fumble. And it was little more than Kyle Shanahan deserved in the early stages of his rebuild in California.
Kentucky Attorney General Andy Beshear announced Monday that Kentuckians who have been victims of fraud induced wire transfers involving Western Union need to begin filing claims as part of a global settlement reached January with the company. The settlement also apparently called for Western Union to pay $586 million to a fund administered by the U.S. Department of Justice to provide refunds to consumers, as well as paying an amount to the states to cover the costs associated with the investigations that led to the settlements. Various Western Union agents were complicit in these fraud schemes, often processing the fraud payments in return for a cut of the fraud proceeds. More than 500,000 potential victims nationwide have been identified. The form will contain instructions explaining how Kentuckians may file their claim to receive compensation.
"American consumers lost money while Western Union looked the other way", said FTC Acting Chairman Maureen K. Ohlhausen.
- Amid Arvind Kejriwal attack, Manohar Lal Khattar asks: What about your farmers?
- Jack Swagger Signs With Bellator MMA In Heavyweight Division
- ME gas prices still on the rise
- Long Term Growth review of Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO)
- Morse Asset Management Inc Acquires 9635 Shares of Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC)
- Stop using antibiotics on healthy animals - World Health Organization weighs in on resistance debate
- Putin, Erdogan Hold Joint Press Conference After Meeting in Sochi
- Rothschild Asset Management Inc Raises Its Holdings in Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR)
- Colts QB Jacoby Brissett in concussion protocol, after finishing game against Steelers
- Seattle Seahawks Sign Cornerback Byron Maxwell