Vidya Balan, two-time National award-winning actress, literally has filmmakers writing roles for her where she plays the main protagonist.
The reporter asked Vidya, "All your films that we have seen so far, have been women-centric films".
The reporter said, "For glamorous roles".
Didier Drogba ready to retire in New Year
Drogba joined second-tier Phoenix in 2017, after leaving Montreal Impact following the conclusion of the 2016 MLS season. Chelsea fans honour club legend Didier Drogba with a banner at Stamford Bridge.
Recently, while a promotional meeting of her upcoming release Tumhari Sulu, Vidya was asked if "she would only be doing women-centric movies or has she thought about losing her weight". The connection between being skinny and being glamorous, or even between not being glamorous and doing women-centric roles only exists because of patriarchal notions. In spite of the fact that Bollywood works on objectifying women, the actress has carried herself gracefully and has managed to do films that can bring a change a society on in people's perception. Watch the video here.
However, it's really hard to change people's perspective who think a well toned up body of a woman can only be called glamorous. "I used to be really angry about that". Upon listening to this stupid question, Vidya said, "I am happy the way I am and whatever I am doing. The actress shared that she has been very lucky to have step into the industry with a movie like 'Parineeta", as no one questioned the set of rules she set for herself. The story of "Tumhari Sulu" - releasing on November 17 - revolves around a middle-aged ordinary housewife Sulochona aka Sulu who is a happy-go-lucky person with an extraordinary calibre.
- Commissioner says Conor McGregor off UFC 219 card after 3 Arena incident
- Russian Federation accuses U.S. of providing cover for the 'Islamic State' militia
- Voda, Idea to sell tower assets to ATC for Rs 7850 crore
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Shares RCI Trending Higher
- Thousand Scientists Claim Human Damage on Earth Irreversible
- Xbox One X Sells 80000 in the UK During First Week
- Justice League's 'sexy' Amazon costumes create uproar
- Lionel Messi's absence won't affect Super Eagles tactics against Argentina - Gernot Rohr
- Sun Pharma Q2 net dips 59 pc at Rs 912.12 cr
- Smart toys 'could leave children vulnerable to strangers'