The 23-year-old - who was injured at the beginning of the campaign - was signed as Nemanja Matic's replacement after a superb season in France. Most football observers would believe that Kante, the reigning PFA Player of the Year, is a much better player than Bakayoko, but the former Monaco man doesn't see it that way.
Chelsea's summer signing Tiemoue Bakayoko is disappointed with not being called up for France.
Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright is amongst the doubters, claiming that Ruben Loftus-Cheek - who is now on loan at Crystal Palace from Stamford Bridge - is a better option. "But I'm not below them".
As quoted by French news outlet Canal+, Bakayoko claimed that he feels the midfielders picked ahead of him are not of a higher standard than him. The former AS Monaco man has been superb for Chelsea so far this term, and will undoubtedly be looking to force his way into Didier Deschamps thinking ahead of the 2018 World Cup in Russian Federation.
"I think Rabiot, Kanté, Matuidi, Tolisso are no better than me", Bakayoko continued.
Security alert from Google: one million account credentials are stolen every month
The largest number of stolen logins that Google found for sale on black markets totalled 3.3 billion and came from third-party data breaches.
"I'm proud they've been called up, I'd like to be with them, but I don't think I'm any less than them".
Inevitably, there were a number of Chelsea fans who took to Twitter to express their disagreement.
"Speaking about the snub, Bakayoko said,"'I play in a big club, I think it can play in my favour".
"But I'm not below them".
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport?
- Thieves dig 25-foot tunnel into bank
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (NASDAQ:WBA) Director Sells $184324.32 in Stock
- Ben Affleck Wants a "Cool and Graceful" Way to Quit Batman
- Child located in auto - Newport
- Amir Khan, Faryal Makhdoom finally sort things out
- Four from Pulaski County Killed in Sunday Plane Crash
- Bharti Airtel sells stake in Bharti Infratel for Rs3,325 crore
- LCFC's Thai owner to face £322m criminal lawsuit
- Packers RBs Jones, Montgomery out with injuries
- Watch The Glittering New Trailer For 'The Greatest Showman'