One of Silicon Valley's most revered venture capitalist Steve Jurvetson who has invested in companies such as SpaceX and Tesla has gone on a leave of absence from the boards of SpaceX and Tesla, amidst charges of sexual harassment levied against him.
In a statement Monday, the company said Jurvetson was leaving by "mutual agreement", but did not disclose a reason.
Jurvetson sits on the boards of Tesla and SpaceX.
Jurvetson said in an e-mail to this news organization on Monday that he was leaving Draper Fisher Jurvetson "to focus on personal matters, including taking legal action against those whose false statements have defamed me". Jurvetson, a high-profile investor in Silicon Valley, has served on the boards of Tesla and SpaceX for several years. At the firm, she contended, "predatory behavior is rampant". "Silencing behavior ranges from security (within) the firm creating files on women, to potential violations of revenge porn laws, to grotesque threats", she said.
Suspect who stabbed security guards killed by police: cops
Uniformed officers from the 48 Precinct responded to a radio-run of an assault-in-progress (person stabbed) at 1974 Hughes Avenue. The armed man did not comply, and instead stepped toward the officers with the knife displayed in his right hand.
"In our entire history, DFJ has never received an official complaint alleging misconduct by anyone on our team", she wrote. "Earlier this summer we became aware of indirect and secondhand allegations about one partner, Steve Jurvetson", a DFJ spokeswoman said. "We immediately opened an independent investigation, which is ongoing at this time".
Last month, Heidi Roizen, an operating partner at DFJ, defended the firm.
I am too grizzled and old to write bullshit about a company to please my boss.
As many of you know, in the past few days DFJ has been rocked by allegations about sexual harassment. "Including me", Roizen wrote.
- High winds, lots of rain in Monday forecast
- GDP up by 0.6% in both euro area and EU28
- Jennison Associates LLC Has $59.27 Million Position in Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT)
- Senate approves Buhari's $5.5bn foreign loan request
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger bashes NFL's Thursday Night Football
- Lord of the Rings Franchise Gets TV Spinoff
- Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE:LLY) Quant Score & ROE in Focus
- Keep your cheap awards that peel - Davido blasts AFRIMA organizers
- S&P declares Venezuela in default
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (ATVI) Stake Lowered by Keybank National Association OH