Christie credited MacArthur as being "the single loudest voice in the House of Representatives to make sure" the chamber's proposal didn't totally scrap the deduction for property taxes, which would disproportionally harm New Jersey and a handful of other high-taxed states.
"The simplicity is so important", Ivanka Trump said.
Mnuchin and Trump joined Republican Rep. Tom MacArthur at the invitation-only event at the Bayville Fire Hall.
The House bill would keep the deduction for property taxes and eliminate state and local income taxes.
Jason Ireland of Brick was blocked from entering before the event and shouted into the room, "Why are they taking questions only from Republicans?"
New blood pressure guidelines released
The prevalence of high blood pressure is expected to triple among men under age 45, and double among women under 45 according to the report.
'For most people - and, again, it may not be 100 percent, but by far the majority - both the House and Senate version provide middle-income tax relief, ' Mnuchin said on CNN.
"If I waited to vote "yes" for a ideal bill, I'd never vote", he said. And both versions would not allow anyone to deduct their state income taxes. "That's absurd. That really is absurd, and that doesn't benefit the ordinary Americans". Portman said on the Senate floor that a measure to reduce corporate tax will result in higher wages for employees.
Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin and Ivanka Trump, advisor to the President, made a stop in Bayville to promote the tax bills that are now moving through the House and Senate.
Some of the attendees were supportive of the proposal, though not optimistic they would necessarily save money.
"We're moving in the right direction", she said.
The event came the same day Democratic Gov. -elect Phil Murphy held an event in Newark with Democratic lawmakers to criticize the plan. He takes over from Christie on January 16.
- Trump Asked Xi To Resolve UCLA Basketball Player Case
- Conor McGregor explains Bellator ruckus and why he pushed Marc Goddard
- Liverpool's Nathaniel Clyne to miss three months after surgery
- Mattel announces Ibtihaj Muhammad doll, the first Barbie to wear a hijab
- The Trump-Xi Meeting in Beijing, Very Briefly
- Governor John Bel Edwards to make major economic development announcement Monday
- Police investigate woman's 'suspicious' death after body found on Gold Coast road
- JC Penney Company Inc. Holding Company
- How to Remove the 'Notch' on Your iPhone X
- Undercover cops fight each other in Detroit drug bust