ISLAMABAD:An Accountability Court (AC) on Tuesday issued non-bailable arrest warrants against FinanceMinister Ishaq Dar for not appearing despite of repeated summons during the hearing of a reference.
The court also issued show-cause notice Dar's surety-giver Ahmed Ali Qudoosi who was present in the courtroom.
During hearing, the team of National Accountability Bureau (NAB) submitted a report regarding the four bank accounts of Hussain Nawaz.
However, the court adjourned hearing of the case till Wednesday.
In response, Quddusi had said that, according to a November 6 report from a private hospital in London, Dar's recovery is expected to take another six or eight weeks.
Securities Analyst Recommendations: Extra Space Storage Inc. (EXR), Waste Management, Inc. (WM)
The Firm owns, operates, manages, acquires, develops and redevelops self-storage properties located throughout the United States. Kirk Spencer sold 20,000 shares worth $1.51M. 1,300 shares valued at $96,971 were sold by OVERTURF JAMES on Wednesday, May 17.
It is worth mentioning here that the accountability court had turned down Ishaq Dar's plea to get exemption from appearance on medical grounds during the previous hearing.
The court had also upheld the bailable arrest warrants previously issued against Dar and doubled the surety ordered against the warrants from Rs1 million to 2m. His counsel, Khawaja Harris, had subsequently informed the judges that the finance minister had been admitted to a private hospital in London.
Dar had rejected the allegations levelled by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in its reference prepared following the orders of the Supreme Court in its July 28 verdict in Panamagate case.
The NAB also moved an application seeking ratification of the seizure of more assets owned by the minister.
The reference alleged that the assets were "disproportionate to his known sources of income for which he could not reasonably account for".
- Cristiano Ronaldo Reportedly Rejects Real Madrid Contract, Asks for Transfer
- Bombardier in talks with EgyptAir for $1.1 bln CSeries deal
- Campaign Raises More Than $70000 for Woman Who Flipped off Trump
- Ray Parlour: Spurs are a better team than Arsenal
- Not having meat reduces risk of heart disease by half, says study
- Xbox One X Sells 80000 in the UK During First Week
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Shares RCI Trending Higher
- Jimmy Kimmel's Famous Friends Roast Him for 50th Birthday Late-Night Spectacular
- Sun Pharma Q2 net dips 59 pc at Rs 912.12 cr
- World's Oldest Wine Found In Georgia