The report showed a rise in crimes motivated by hatred of a religion, and a majority were against Jews and Muslims.
There were 6,121 hate crime incidents recorded a year ago, an nearly 5 percent rise from 2015 and a 10 percent increase from 2014, the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Hate Crimes Statistics report said. Half of them were motivated by racism against black people, the report said. Hate crimes targeting Arabs rose by about 38 percent, while crimes targeting whites and Latinos rose by about 17 percent and 15 percent respectively.
The number for hate crimes against Sikhs, whose population is estimated to be 500,000, went up from six in 2015 to seven in 2016. Fifty-four percent of these incidents were anti-Jewish, and 25 percent were anti-Muslim.
The number of hate crimes committed in the United States rose in 2016 for the second consecutive year, with African-Americans, Jews and Muslims targeted in numerous incidents, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said in an annual report. That year, almost 17 percent of participating police agencies reported incidents.
Of the 7,615 overall hate crime victims in 2016, 4,720 of them were against people.Читайте также: Pat McGrath Teams Up With Spotify for 'I'm Obsessed' Campaign
The SPLC contends that the actual number of hate crimes may be much higher. In all, nine murders and 24 rapes were reported as hate crimes.
Most hate crimes, about 27 percent, happened at residences.
Hate crimes in Wisconsin are dropping.
"No person should have to fear being violently attacked because of who they are, what they believe, or how they worship", U. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a statement after the data was released.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Alaska Air Group, Inc. (ALK) PT Raised to $91.00 at Morgan Stanley
- Growth Analysis of Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM)
- Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE:LLY) Quant Score & ROE in Focus
- Analyst Opinion Summary: Fred's, Inc. (FRED), The JM Smucker Company (SJM)
- Trump to tap ex-pharma executive Azar as USA health secretary
- Steve Jurvetson out at DFJ, VC firm he helped found
- Vietnam says fundamental deal reached on trade
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger bashes NFL's Thursday Night Football
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL) Investment Increased by Sound Shore Management Inc
- Theresa May states Russian Federation has underestimated the "resilience" of Western democracies