According to the petition, the IHC had directed the accountability court to frame one charge and conduct a single trial against the Sharif family in the three corruption references filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
As the deadline for Nawaz Sharif's sons to appear in court in connection to the accountability references against them lapsed, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Tuesday requested the court seize Hassan and Hussain Nawaz's properties.
Another case was filed against finance minister Ishaq Dar based on the court ruling.
In his petition, Nawaz requested the high court to set aside the verdict of the accountability court through which it had rejected his plea.
The NAB prosecutor also asked the court to declare them proclaimed offenders as the time given them to ensure appearance in the court has expired.
Hassan and Hussain failed to appear in court despite the issuance of a proclamation against them last month, the NB deputy prosecutor general (DPG) said, adding that the notice had been pasted on the premises of the Federal Judicial Complex (FJC) on Oct 12. However, the judge adjourned the proceeding till tomorrow without announcing his decision.
Zlatan slammed on social media following 'arrogant' tweet about Sweden
Sweden beat Italy over two legs to reach the World Cup in Russian Federation next year. This is the first time since 2006 that Sweden has qualified for the world showpiece.
The three references related to the Sharif family's London flats, Flagship Investment Ltd and Al Azizia & Hill Metal Establishment.
The court has already issued non-bailable arrest warrants against the two brothers.
She is undergoing chemotherapy in London after being diagnosed with lymphoma - a cancer of the lymph nodes.
Meanwhile, the court also took up the hearing of trial against Dar who is in London to seek medical treatment for heart complications.
On Nov 8, Nawaz had accused the superior judiciary of being prejudiced against him, as the accountability court hearing corruption cases against the Sharif family had rejected an application filed by the disqualified premier for clubbing together the three references, and indicted him separately in each of the three references.
This is unedited, unformatted feed from the Press Trust of India wire.
- GDP up by 0.6% in both euro area and EU28
- Trump to tap ex-pharma executive Azar as USA health secretary
- Police shoot vehicle to stop it, killing driver
- Credit Suisse Charged by New York State Department
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (ATVI) Stake Lowered by Keybank National Association OH
- Tennessee State football player sucker punches coach
- With Shares Trading down at $15.06 (VRX) Valeant Pharmaceuticals Completes Sale…
- S&P declares Venezuela in default
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) is NewFocus Financial Group LLC's 3rd Largest Position
- Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE:LLY) Quant Score & ROE in Focus