Several fellow owners of National Football League teams have given Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones a cease-and-desist warning, threatening to punish him over his efforts to block a contract extension for Commissioner Roger Goodell, according to several people with knowledge of the situation.
"Roger has nearly 18 months [left before his contract expires]", Jones said. The New York Times reported Monday that the committee sent Jones a cease-and-desist warning after holding a conference call earlier in the day to discuss Goodell's potential extension.
Jones' battle with the league has heightened in recent weeks with his frustration with Goodell.
The GHP Investment Advisors Inc. Sells shares of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM)
Cumberland Partners Ltd's holdings in J P Morgan Chase & Co were worth $37,635,000 at the end of the most recent reporting period. Over the last couple of years, JPMorgan Chase expanded its bottom line faster than revenue by effectively controlling its costs.
Jones also responded to the report that he may be ousted as owner of the Dallas Cowboys by a so-called "nuclear option" from his fellow owners.
"I've had not one - not one - inkling of communication from the league office or any owner that would suggest something that laughable and ridiculous, and that's about where that is". Goodell reportedly has asked for a salary of $49.5 million a year, the use of a private jet for life and lifetime health insurance for his family.
The owners voted unanimously in May to give the compensation committee the authority to negotiate Goodell's new deal. "We just need to slow this train down and have a lot of time to discuss the issues at hand in the National Football League and have a good, fair input from all the owners, which we're not getting".
"The committee is continuing its work towards finalizing a contract extension with the commissioner", he said.
- Advance Auto Parts tops 3Q profit forecasts
- OncoSec Medical Incorporated (ONCS) Short Interest Update
- United Bank net loss at RS 345 crore
- New FBI report shows increase in hate crimes
- Senate Announces Ali Ndume's Resumption
- Padmavati: Karni Sena members vandalise theater in Kota over trailer screening
- Brad Paisley to perform in Lincoln
- Heartwarming photo captures Walmart cashier helping nervous man count change
- One Tree Hill showrunner Mark Schwahn has been blamed for inappropriate behavior
- Oppenheimerfunds, Inc. Modifies Its Stake in Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE)