Is there any additional guidance?
The defense immediately requested a mistrial.
There is reason to think the divide among jurors is not going to be resolved tomorrow.
Bob Menendez arrives at the federal courthouse in Newark on Monday. Today the jury in his bribery trial told the judge they were deadlocked on all counts.
"As I said, two and a half years ago when I first faced these charges, I was innocent, and clearly there are jurors who believe in my innocence".
The trial was rocked late last week when a juror who was excused for a pre-planned vacation told reporters she thought Menendez and Melgen were both not guilty.
Menendez has denied any bribery arrangement.
Defense attorneys argued on Monday that excused juror Evelyn Arroyo-Maultsby's comments that she was told she couldn't send the judge a note last week could represent a breach of protocol.
IPOB organises protests calling for boycott of Anambra governorship elections
Also the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has deployed 5000 armed and unarmed personnel to Anambra State for the election.
"Dr. Melgen donated all this money to the Democrat Party".
Jury deliberations in the bribery trial of Democratic U.S. Sen.
It looks like Christmas is coming early for Senator Bob Menendez.
Judge Walls never asked her to stay away from reporters and her words made headlines.
Earlier Monday, the judge had paused deliberations to take time to individually question a number of jurors who had admitted to either reading or hearing something about the case over the weekend.
The judge downplayed any notion that the jury had been compromised and accused defense attorney Abbe Lowell of making an issue of it because "she was on your side". Three of the four remaining alternates had also heard.
If the jury is unable to reach a verdict, Walls could declare a mistrial. The excused juror subsequently spoke to the press and said she believes the panel will end in a hung jury. "And I want you to come back here tomorrow to continue deliberations", Walls said, according to Politico.
A prominent defense lawyer, Joseph Hayden, said it's standard operating procedure for a judge to order a jury back into deliberations. By Thursday, they were still deadlocked, she said...
- Amid Arvind Kejriwal attack, Manohar Lal Khattar asks: What about your farmers?
- US Cash Grains-Corn, soybean basis steady-firm as futures dip
- Wired scammers money? You could be entitled to part of $586 million
- Truck almost hits children getting off bus
- Were Analysts Bullish Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX) This Week?
- Nvidia Corporation (NVDA) Sees 52-Week High
- A Hitman TV Series Is Currently In Development
- Morse Asset Management Inc Acquires 9635 Shares of Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC)
- Putin, Erdogan Hold Joint Press Conference After Meeting in Sochi
- Army lifts ban on recruits with history of some mental health issues