The online retailers/Hollywood Studio has announced that it has succeeded in acquiring the global television rights to the iconic Lord of the Rings franchise and that they will be making a multiple season TV shows.
There is no word yet when the new series will begin playing in your living room and scant details about what will be included. It's important to note that it won't follow the events of the Lords of the Rings, but rather it is based on J.R.R. Tolkien's work and will feature original stories from that universe.
"The Lord of the Rings" was named Amazon customers' favorite book of the millennium in 1999 and Britain's best-loved novel of all time in the BBC's The Big Read survey in 2003.
"'The Lord of the Rings' is a cultural phenomenon that has captured the imagination of generations of fans through literature and the big screen", said Sharon Tal Yguado, head of scripted series at Amazon Studios. The estate, HarperCollins and the films' distributor New Line Cinema will help Amazon produce the television series. The Lord of the Rings film trilogy earned almost $6 billion worldwide, and picked up a combined 17 Academy Awards, including Best Picture for The Return of the King.
Non-bailable arrest warrants issued for Ishaq Dar
The court also issued show-cause notice Dar's surety-giver Ahmed Ali Qudoosi who was present in the courtroom. The NAB also moved an application seeking ratification of the seizure of more assets owned by the minister.
The series underscores a shift in Amazon's video programming.
But the company is up against some steep competition, with Netflix, Hulu and other streaming platforms and premium TV services also bidding to keep viewers entertained with high quality content.
The upcoming series will be available for Prime members globally. "That's a departure from shows like "Transparent" and "Catastrophe." "By definition this will be expensive", he added.
- Whitefish charged Puerto Rico unusually high $300 per hour for workers
- Lionel Messi's absence won't affect Super Eagles tactics against Argentina - Gernot Rohr
- Suspect who stabbed security guards killed by police: cops
- Industrial production rises 6.2%
- Senate approves Buhari's $5.5bn foreign loan request
- Smart toys 'could leave children vulnerable to strangers'
- Russian Federation accuses U.S. of providing cover for the 'Islamic State' militia
- Cohen & Steers Inc (NYSE:CNS): Institutional Investor Sentiment Up to 1.59
- Mobile REVVL Plus offers 6-inch display and dual rear cameras
- Jimmy Kimmel's Famous Friends Roast Him for 50th Birthday Late-Night Spectacular