And you always find yourself back to a moment of 'did I miss something? I try to think of it in terms of-I've had friends who have compulsions, and who have done things, gambling or drinking or drugs, and we've lost some of them.
Comedian and former Daily Show host Jon Stewart was on the Today show Tuesday morning to help promote his charity comedy event Night of Too Many Stars. "And I think if you talk to women, they're in a very hard position". I think it's gotten better over the years, but certainly when we started 30 years ago, it was really hard.
This means that the left-wing Stewart is the only person on the planet stunned by this news, stunned by allegations that have been reported on for over two years, stunned by what has been rumored about, talked about, and discussed within the comedy world - which is Stewart's world, by the way - for over a decade.
Stewart noted that the comedy environment has never been kind to women, despite some changes over the years. The idea there was this added layer of pressure and manipulation and fear and humiliation...
Later, the Daily Show host remembered the first time he had heard about the sexual misconduct accusations about Louis C.K., which he had been caught off guard with by an audience member while recording a podcast.
HC rap leaves Thomas Chandy under mounting pressure
The minister can approach the district collector itself and present his contentions, the court said while dismissing the petition. The opposition Congress-led UDF and the BJP have been demanding the resignation of Chandy over allegations of land encroachment.
The comedian said he was doing a podcast with David Axelrod a year ago when someone in the audience asked him what he thought about swirling allegations against C.K. - and he quickly deflected.
"So the internet said Louis harassed women?"
"I didn't see the tweets", he went on. Honestly, I'm not that connected to that world. "You know who you're talking to, right?" laughed Stewart. "As he kept going, I was like, 'look, I know this is very serious, he's always been a gentleman to me" - which speaks again to the blindness that I think a man has.
Stewart: No. I heard that a year ago.
The fallout continues for Louis C.K. after the comedian confessed to sexual misconduct last week, including worldwide distributors dropping his new movie I Love You, Daddy and additional names in comedy condemning his behavior.
- The GHP Investment Advisors Inc. Sells shares of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM)
- Apple reclaims its wearable throne while Xiaomi slips into second place
- Donald Trump Teases Major 'Deals' Announcement at the White House
- Stocks to Watch For: Apple Inc. (AAPL), Intel Corporation
- Governments in 30 countries pay 'keyboard armies' to spread propaganda, report says
- Following the Charts on Express Scripts (ESRX): A Look Behind the Curtain
- Shooting near CA elementary school leaves three dead, sheriff says
- Amc Entertainment Holdings Inc (AMC) - Wedbush Reiterates Rating
- Korean leader urges regional efforts to denuclearize N. Korea
- OncoSec Medical Incorporated (ONCS) Short Interest Update