"When we were little, my mom would walk us to this store, me and my sister, and we would hold hands, she would squeeze my hand three times and say, 'I love you, ' and I would squeeze back, 'I love you, too, '" Fallon recalled as he choked back tears.
Fallon, who couldn't hide his emotions, thanked the audience members and fans for their support as he recovered from the loss.
Fallon said he and his mother would squeeze each other's hands three times as a way of saying "I love you". "I just knew we were in trouble, you know?" he said through tears.
Watch Taylor Swift perform her breathtaking new ballad "New Year's Day" on Jimmy Fallon's "The Tonight Show". "It's good to be back", he said to the cheering audience, "As you know my mother Gloria passed away recently and I cancelled our show last week to be with my family".
Jimmy Fallon returned to the "Tonight Show" Monday.
White Florida Transgender Native Also Transracial, Identifies As Filipino
It's not his intention to appropriate anyone's culture, he maintains. "I don't want that", he said. The Tampa resident, whose birth name was Adam , now goes by the name of Ja Du .
She died on November 4 with Fallon at her bedside along with other family members.
On the same day that the 27-year-old singer announced details of her new world tour, she made a surprise appearance on "The Tonight Show" to debut another single off her new album, "Reputation".
Of the emotional performance, he said, "I almost gasped".
Swift, who was not scheduled to appear on the show agreed to perform her new track when invited by producers at the last minute. "It was a handsome coincidence in a handsome performance", he wrote. "Whatever you think of Taylor, she did something attractive for Jimmy and our show today, and we're forever grateful", said DiCenzo.
- Focus on women and diabetes
- Tiemoue Bakayoko: France's midfield options 'aren't better than me'
- Supergirl star Melissa Benoist hopes to be agent of change on show
- Conservatives Try to Sneak 'Religious Freedom' Into Australia's Marriage Bill
- Bank of England reveals deadline day for swapping old £10 notes
- Aaradhya Bachchan to have a birthday bash
- China is now the supercomputer capital of the world
- Mark Hamill was 'really scared' of returning to 'Star Wars'
- First US trial opens in Federation Internationale de Football Association corruption probe
- NASA postpones JPSS-1 weather satellite launch