Iraq's Kurds voted overwhelmingly for independence in September in defiance of the central government in Baghdad, which had declared the referendum illegal.
Iraqi Kurdish authorities said earlier on Tuesday they would accept a federal court decision prohibiting the region from seceding, signalling a new phase in efforts to restart stalled negotiations over its future.
The Iraqi Foreign Ministry stated on Monday that it can not shut down the diplomatic offices and consulates of the foreign countries in the Kurdistan Region because they are not political.
His remarks came during a meeting between al-Abadi and the head of the United Nations mission in Iraq, Jan Kubis.
Last week, Iraq's Supreme Federal Court ruled that the country's constitution does not allow for the secession of any part of the country from the Iraqi state. Its decisions can not be appealed, though it has no mechanism to enforce its ruling in the Kurdish region.
OncoSec Medical Incorporated (ONCS) Short Interest Update
International Paper Company , a U.S. based Company, belongs to Consumer Goods sector and Packaging & Containers industry. Wall Street analysts covering the stock are projecting that the stock will reach $5.25 within the next 52-weeks.
Iraq also unleashed a legal barrage against Kurdish officials and sought to seize key Kurdish businesses, while neighbouring Turkey and Iran have threatened to close their borders with the autonomous region to oil exports.
"The success of security forces should be supported by solving the ongoing problems between the central government and the KRG, and constructive dialogue needs to be initiated to maintain the national gains", Masoum said.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergi Lavrov after receiving the Iraqi Foreign Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari, in a press conference on October 23, said that his country was not closing its consulate in the capital of the Kurdistan Region, but that the mission was nevertheless subordinate to the Russian Embassy in Baghdad.
He urged Washington to "balance its relations with the two sides and to set the stage for constructive dialogue".
- HC rap leaves Thomas Chandy under mounting pressure
- Oppenheimerfunds, Inc. Modifies Its Stake in Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE)
- United Bank net loss at RS 345 crore
- McLaren's new one-off, gold-covered 720S supercar
- Sean Lee in danger of missing 'several games' for Cowboys
- Padmavati: Karni Sena members vandalise theater in Kota over trailer screening
- Bargain Guide - Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
- Donald Trump Teases Major 'Deals' Announcement at the White House
- Minions studio reportedly creating a Mario movie
- 'Stuff yourself' with Stove Top stuffing trousers this Thanksgiving