However, this time, Google has been a bit late in sharing these details.
Google's Project Treble promises to help speed up vendor releases of new Android versions, but the benefits of this technology will probably take several years, since only devices that ship with Android Oreo can take advantage of it.
Notably, Oreo is now running on a limited number of devices as the list includes Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus devices as well as a few more from other manufacturers and OEMs.
Man City Invincibles? De Bruyne doesn't think so
In this game we conceded a penalty that was not a penalty and an offside goal that was an offside goal. "I think they are a good side but they are not an unstoppable side".
Ahead in the report, Android 5.0 and 5.1 Lollipop, now supports 6.4 and 20.8 percent devices respectively, which makes it the second most used operating system after Marshmallow.
Meanwhile, Android 7.0 rose 1.8 percentage points to 17.6%, while 7.1 saw a one point increased to 3%. Both combine for a total of 20.6 percent compared to last month's 17.8 percent. The almost two-and-half year old Android 6.0 Marshmallow continues to dominate with 30.9 per cent of Android devices, though it is down from 32 per cent in October. Lollipop maintains its second spot with 27.2 percentage while KitKat still accounts for about 13.8 percent of the market.
Google officially launched Android 8.0 Oreo OS to its Pixel and Nexus series phones in August, and since then only one company-Sony-has released the new software to Xperia XZ Premium and now, HTC is expected to roll-out the update to its flagship phone soon. Further, KitKat is now running on 13.8 percent Android smartphones and Jelly Bean in 6.2 percent devices.
- China is now the supercomputer capital of the world
- Jimmy Fallon breaks down while paying emotional tribute to his late mother
- Mark Hamill was 'really scared' of returning to 'Star Wars'
- Google Pixel 2 XL Touchscreen Issues To Be Fixed In Future Update
- Bharti Airtel sells stake in Bharti Infratel for Rs3,325 crore
- Bank of England reveals deadline day for swapping old £10 notes
- YouTube blocks videos of late jihadist cleric
- Not having meat reduces risk of heart disease by half, says study
- Telangana: ASI suspended over getting massage from woman home guard
- Rahul shouldn't visit religious places only during elections: BJP