You can now use your Google Home devices as an intercom system.
Broadcast sends your voice to all other Assistant-enabled speakers in your home.
This useful feature is rolling today to the Assistant on phones and speakers set to the English language in the U.S., Australia, Canada and the U.K. More languages are coming soon.
Last month, Google announced that users with Google Assistant would be able to broadcast messages via Google Home devices, and now that time is here. There are special effects for some things - if you say "Ok Google, broadcast it's dinner time" a dinner bell will ring on all your Google Homes.
New blood pressure guidelines released
The prevalence of high blood pressure is expected to triple among men under age 45, and double among women under 45 according to the report.
A help article notes that all Google Home devices must be signed onto the same Wi-Fi network and Google account.
And if you're just leaving the office, you can let your family know you're coming with a simple "Ok Google, broadcast I'm on my way home!" to the Assistant on your phone, and it will broadcast to your Google Homes.
Do you have to say "broadcast"?You can even do this from outside the house; you don't need to be at home to make your voice heard throughout the house.
This new broadcasting feature is rolling out today on Assistant on phones and speakers set to English in Canada, along with the U.S., Australia and the United Kingdom, with support for more languages "coming soon".
- Grigor Dimitrov earns battling victory over Dominic Thiem on ATP Finals debut
- Amazon Prime Video may soon have a free tier with ads
- Shell Reduces Its Interest In Woodside
- Police investigate woman's 'suspicious' death after body found on Gold Coast road
- JC Penney Company Inc. Holding Company
- Abe, Li hail improved Japan-China ties, commit to do more
- Russian TV network registers as foreign agent in US
- How to Remove the 'Notch' on Your iPhone X
- George HW Bush apologizes after sixth woman alleges groping
- Massa saddened by Brazil F1 attacks