"The euro zone will likely outpace both the USA and United Kingdom in terms of GDP growth in 2017", he said.
It was 2.5% higher than in the same period of 2016. The locomotive of the euro-zone released the data earlier and it came out at 0.8%, well above expectations.
Euro zone GDP grew 3 per cent in 2007, and reached 2.1 per cent in 2010 and 2015.
Among the bloc's biggest economies, Germany did best, racing ahead at a quarterly clip of 0.8%, up from 0.6% over the prior three-month stretch, while in Italy and Portugal growth accelerated from 0.3% to 0.5%.
But it rose 3.3% year-on-year, slightly beating economists' average forecast of a 3.2% increase. Compared with the same quarter of the previous year, GDP grew by 2.3% (after +2.2% in the previous quarter).
By way of comparison, British GDP grew by 0.4% over the third quarter, up from 0.3% in the three months to June, and in the USA growth clocked in at 0.7% on the quarter, down from 0.8% for the three months to June.
Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE:LLY) Quant Score & ROE in Focus
It worsened, as 61 investors sold LLY shares while 400 reduced holdings. 72 funds opened positions while 128 raised stakes. Eli Lilly and Co (NYSE: LLY ) has given a 15.60% return on Equity which is represents stable rally for the firm.
The euro-zone had already published an initial estimate of its growth rate for Q3, but this did not include the largest economy, Germany.
Its economy expanded 0.4% quarter-on-quarter and 1.5% year-on-year.
"The outlook for production in the fourth quarter remains strong", ING's Colijn said.
The figures support the European Central Bank's move to begin reducing its bond-buying programme.
It nevertheless promised years of stimulus and left the door open to backtracking.
- S&P declares Venezuela in default
- Four things to watch: Duke vs. Michigan State
- Whitefish charged Puerto Rico unusually high $300 per hour for workers
- High winds, lots of rain in Monday forecast
- Cohen & Steers Inc (NYSE:CNS): Institutional Investor Sentiment Up to 1.59
- Lord of the Rings Franchise Gets TV Spinoff
- Buffalo Wild Wings could push for a spiced-up bid
- Tumhari Sulu: Here's why we are excited about Vidya Balan's film
- Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) Shares Bought by Deprince Race & Zollo Inc
- President's Chief Of Staff Says He Ignores His Boss's Tweets