However the good news is that Disney's streaming service won't be too expensive, or at least that's according to Disney's CEO Bob Iger who claimed during the company's latest earnings call that their service would be cheaper than Netflix.
Disney will also have an unprecedented integrated entertainment platform where it delivers movies to theaters, then streams them as well as related shows on its own service, offers fans a chance to experience some of these entertainment worlds in person at its theme parks and publishes books about them. Netflix only costs $8 to $14 per month, depending on the plan. Basic stands at £5.99 and has not changed under a recent price increase.
Iger was quoted as saying, "I can say that our plan on the Disney side is to price this substantially below where Netflix is". Disney has a lot of movies to add to their catalog because they've been making movies for so long, but no one knows if their entire library will be added to their streaming service or just select titles.
Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) reported Sales of 244.71 Billion
The ROA of Exxon Mobil Corporation is now valued at 3.80% indicating how profitable the company is in regards to its total assets. Tetrem Mgmt Ltd has invested 0.01% in Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM). 24,015 are owned by Robeco Institutional Asset Mgmt Bv.
Disney's two-year old streaming service Disney Life is now £4.99, half the price the kid-skewing platform was at launch, suggesting the House of Mouse has already leant from the project. Aside from movies and TV shows, they will also be working on new, original content based on their current properties, including a much-awaited live-action Star Wars series. Disney's original content for its upcoming streaming service has a distinct advantage because the first announced new shows tap the Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar franchises and other already-established brands.
Disney is spending about one-eighth as much as Netflix next year.
- How to Remove the 'Notch' on Your iPhone X
- Russian TV network registers as foreign agent in US
- Polish PM talks Brexit with chief European Union negotiator
- Undercover cops fight each other in Detroit drug bust
- Google Home Speakers Now Act as Intercoms in Canada and Beyond
- Police investigate woman's 'suspicious' death after body found on Gold Coast road
- European Union says Hariri must return to Lebanon, warns against Saudi interference
- New blood pressure guidelines released
- Overwatch on Xbox One X could get 4K support
- Liverpool's Nathaniel Clyne to miss three months after surgery