Earlier, Children's Day was celebrated along with the world on November 20 but after Nehru's death in 1964, India started celebrating his birthday as Children's day or Bal Divas. Various competitions like drawing competition, singing competition, essay writing competition and other competitions will be held at schools. While, the occasion is a way of remembering the first Prime Minister of the country, it is also an occasion to celebrate children and acknowledge their position as the future of the nation.
Children's Day, also referred to as "Bal Diwas", is celebrated every year on 14 November on the birth anniversary of India's first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
Similarly, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee wished children saying, "Lots of blessings and love to children on Children's Day".
Children's day quotes are the best to share with friends on this day.
Children's Day was first officially declared a national holiday by the Republic of Turkey in 1929 with the set date of 23 April.
Air raids kill 21 civilians in Syria's Aleppo - monitor
Despite the government's recapture of Aleppo city late previous year , rebel groups maintain a presence in the west of the province.
Children like to tell about their "Chacha Nehru" and "role of children to make future of the country" in their speech. The Children's Day marks the birth anniversary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
"There's nothing more contagious than the laughter of young children; it doesn't even have to matter what they're laughing about".
The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow. On this day, we also commemorate his love for children & vision to empower them with opportunities. He also told the assembled children that they should contribute to the development of nation by using their spare time on Saturdays and Sundays to teach people in rural areas who can not read or write.
If You Carry Your Childhood With You, You Never Become Older, Wish You All a Happy Children's Day! Global children's day is celebrated on 1st of June and 20th of November is celebrated as universal children's day.
- Disneyland shuts cooling towers after Legionnaires' cases
- West Ham players need to get their confidence back: Pearce
- I was annoyed Lionel Messi broke my record - Gabriel Batistuta
- NIAC shares dip over 9% in debut trade
- Prospect Capital Corporation to Issue Monthly Dividend of $0.06 (PSEC)
- For Mad Max: Fury Road Bonus
- French downhill skier David Poisson dead after training crash in Canada
- Shawn Mendes wins big at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Facebook Kills Messenger Day, Merges it with Facebook Stories
- Princess Bride! Meghan Markle Quits 'Suits' in Fairy Tale Ending