The American Heart Association is calling on the public to knit and crochet red hats for babies.
CHF also participates in AHA's Support Network and Little Hats, Big Hearts programs.
Participating hospitals include Hilton Head Hospital and Coastal Carolina in Beaufort County, along with others around SC and the nation.
Steve Jurvetson out at DFJ, VC firm he helped found
Jurvetson, a high-profile investor in Silicon Valley, has served on the boards of Tesla and SpaceX for several years. In a statement Monday, the company said Jurvetson was leaving by "mutual agreement", but did not disclose a reason.
If you're good with a needle and yarn, a call has been made for your services to help raise awareness about congenital heart defects.
Since the program started in 2014, more than 90,000 hats have been distributed to families in hospitals in 42 states, according to a the AHA website.
Organizers recommend cotton or acrylic yarn that is medium to heavy weight and machine washable / dryable.
Now, however, the campaign has expanded to more than 40 states. While we love bows and buttons, they can come off the hats and be risky for the little ones.
- Credit Suisse Charged by New York State Department
- Pat McGrath Teams Up With Spotify for 'I'm Obsessed' Campaign
- High winds, lots of rain in Monday forecast
- Senate Announces Ali Ndume's Resumption
- Canadian National Railway Company
- Trump to tap ex-pharma executive Azar as USA health secretary
- Nawaz challenges AC's decision on joint trial plea
- Theresa May states Russian Federation has underestimated the "resilience" of Western democracies
- Amazon 2017 Black Friday preview ad
- Zlatan slammed on social media following 'arrogant' tweet about Sweden