President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday declared his support for the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-rufai's plan to sack the teachers who failed the competency test conducted by the state government.
"Governor El-Rufai is trying to implement important reforms", the president said. It is a very serious situation when teachers can not pass their exams. It is a very serious situation when teachers can not pass the examination that they are supposed to teach the children.
Describing education as a launch pad to a prosperous future of any society, president Buhari said Nigeria can no longer pretend that all is well with its education system, emphasizing his administration's resolve to improve the lot of the people through the provision of quality and affordable education.
El-Rufai has therefore chose to fire all the teachers that failed and to replace them.
Air raids kill 21 civilians in Syria's Aleppo - monitor
Despite the government's recapture of Aleppo city late previous year , rebel groups maintain a presence in the west of the province.
The President, recalling the period he was a boarding school pupil said that his foundation knowledge was build at the elementary period. For nine years, I was in boarding school, three in primary and six in secondary school.
"In those days, teachers treat students like their own children". If you did well, they would tell you that you did well. If you did well they will tell you, you did well, if you didn't do well they never spared the rod.
"When I finished my secondary school, I didn't work for a day, I refused to work for a day. I joined the army and the army of that time we went through what we went through up to the civil war".
The Deputy President of NLC, Peters Adeyemi, said yesterday that the endorsement of the sack of more than 22,000 workers at once by government that pledged to create jobs was most unfortunate. Architect Muhammad Namadi Sambo's Administration as Governor of Kaduna State gave this earring teachers four years to obtain NCE they failed, late Mr. Ibrahim Yakowa of blessed memory gave these teachers additional four years which was concluded by Dr. Mukhtar Ramalan Yero to earn NCE yet they failed.
- Philippine President Threatens to 'Slap' a UN Official
- Our Defence Affairs Are Not Negotiable: Iran FM to Macron
- Shawn Mendes wins big at MTV Europe Music Awards
- New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern slams 'unacceptable' Manus Island situation
- French downhill skier David Poisson dead after training crash in Canada
- I was annoyed Lionel Messi broke my record - Gabriel Batistuta
- Watford rebuff Everton move for Marco Silva
- United Kingdom tribunal rules Uber is an employer not "an app"
- Newton, Panthers hammer Dolphins 45-21 for 3rd straight win
- Reliance Jio offers upto 100GB free data on Oppo smartphones