Over the weekend, the Miami Herald reported the Red Sox have "growing interest" in the 28 year-old slugger.
Talks are reportedly "heating up" between Boston and Miami, and a trade could come sooner rather than later. Morosi noted the conversations are "expected to intensify at" the general manager meetings in the coming week.
A baseball source said yesterday that he's been told Stanton will not accept a trade to either the Red Sox or the Cardinals, another team linked early and often in trade rumors. Heyman specifically pointed to the Cardinals, though, noting the Marlins would "most like" to deal with them because of pitching prospects such as Alex Reyes, Sandy Alcantara and Jack Flaherty.
The team that offers the best package for Stanton will win over Miami. Included among that group is part owner and legendary New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter.
Amc Entertainment Holdings Inc (AMC) - Wedbush Reiterates Rating
Shares repurchase plans are generally an indication that the company's board of directors believes its stock is undervalued. After this purchase, 10,500 common shares of AMC are directly owned by the insider, with total stake valued at $122,325.
Trading Stanton would be a straightforward way to take a serious amount of cash off the books.
Per Spotrac, Stanton has 10 years and $285 million remaining on his contract before a club option kicks in for 2028.
While Stanton had the best season of his career in 2017 with 59 home runs and 132 RBI to go along with a.281 batting average and.631 slugging percentage, the money remaining on his contract makes him hard to move.
- Following the Charts on Express Scripts (ESRX): A Look Behind the Curtain
- Mahira Khan's film in trouble over objectionable content
- Governments in 30 countries pay 'keyboard armies' to spread propaganda, report says
- You Won't Believe Which Fellow TV Presenter Olly Murs Is Dating
- (DKS) is down at $24.85 DICK'S Sporting Goods Reports Third…
- Stocks to Watch For: Apple Inc. (AAPL), Intel Corporation
- Senate committee questions Trump's nuclear authority
- A Member of Congress Exposed Himself to a Staffer, Lawmakers Say
- Shooting near CA elementary school leaves three dead, sheriff says
- Hillcrest Asset Management LLC Sells 23624 Shares of Callon Petroleum Company (CPE)