That's according to research firm Canalys, who suggests that the Cupertino giant managed to ship 3.9 million units of the Apple Watch for Q3 2017. Apple Watch has typically been a strong holiday product and demand for the S3 Watch is significantly higher than the S2 was a year ago.
Grateful for his new Apple Watch 3 functionality that took him out of a potentially unsafe situation, John Zilles emailed Apple to let them know how he appreciates the gear, and apparently even got a short reaction by fellow fitness nerd Tim Cook himself, in the form of one short but sweet "wow, happy to hear you are safe" reply. It also gave Apple 23 percent of the market, putting it fractionally ahead of the 21 percent for Xiaomi, the Chinese firm that was briefly top of the industry for the first time in the previous quarter. CEO Tim Cook said in Apple's most recent earnings report that Watch sales were up by 50 percent for the third consecutive quarter thanks to a focus on health services.
Apple sold the most smartwatches of any company in the second half of this 2017, according to Canalys, reclaiming its spot as the top wearables vendor and posting its strongest quarter this year so far. Also, the watch did not reach its full potential in the quarter, suffering limited availability with demand outstripping supply.
The drop in the prices of the previous generation watches following the launch of the Watch Series 3, also helped Apple to push watch sales. However, some of the markets got the LTE variant as well.
HC rap leaves Thomas Chandy under mounting pressure
The minister can approach the district collector itself and present his contentions, the court said while dismissing the petition. The opposition Congress-led UDF and the BJP have been demanding the resignation of Chandy over allegations of land encroachment.
As Canalys analyst Jason Low explained, "Strong demand for the LTE-enabled Apple Watch Series 3 has dispelled service providers' doubts about the cellular smartwatch not appealing to customers".
Incidentally, this is the very same quarter where Google, which makes the Android Wear smartwatch platform to rival the Apple Watch, has been completely silent on the future of its smart watches.
In China, the Apple Watch LTE access is now disabled by the government.
With holiday sales starting soon, the year 2017 is expected to be record-breaking for Apple's wearable division.
- Oppenheimerfunds, Inc. Modifies Its Stake in Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE)
- National Football League owners explore ousting Jerry Jones over Goodell opposition
- Shooting near CA elementary school leaves three dead, sheriff says
- The GHP Investment Advisors Inc. Sells shares of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM)
- Korean leader urges regional efforts to denuclearize N. Korea
- Ctrip.com International, Ltd. (CTRP) Stake Boosted by Xact Kapitalforvaltning AB
- Bargain Guide - Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
- 'Stuff yourself' with Stove Top stuffing trousers this Thanksgiving
- Governments in 30 countries pay 'keyboard armies' to spread propaganda, report says
- Heartwarming photo captures Walmart cashier helping nervous man count change