Vinod, 31, was shot dead while police was taking him back to the Tihar Central Jail. The killer, Abdul Khan, was overpowered and arrested by the police.
An under trial prisoner Vinod alias Balle was brought to Rohini Court in Delhi for a proceeding on Monday. "The incident happened in the corridor near the canteen area when the undertrial was being taken back from the court, police said". The Rohini Bar Association criticised the lack of adequate security arrangements in the court premises.
The Rohini Court Bar Association (RCBA) said if the pass system is not implemented at the earliest, they would go on an indefinite strike from November 15 and will not participate in any judicial work. In April, a 38-year-old undertrial was shot dead outside the Rohini Court.
Though Vinod was rushed to a hospital, he was declared dead by doctors.
Jammu: Only 50000 per day allowed for Vaishno Devi pilgrimage
It said the decision has been taken keeping in mind that the structure of the shrine can not accommodate more than 50,000 persons.
The accused Rajesh was arrested by the Haryana Police in a murder case in December 2016.
Pal told IANS that the corridor was crowded when Vinod was shot dead and the Assistant Sub-Inspector responsible for Vinod's security was merely two feet away when he was attacked.
Pal said that only one shot was sacked and added that the accused doesn't have any criminal history. He had no other criminal involvement apart from this case where he had forged someones signature on a cheque, the police said.
Such incidents do raise questions on the level of security at the court.
- #ChaiSam Grand Reception Pics: Here Naga Chaitanya Samantha Reception Photos
- Major Fire accident in Annapurna Studios today; No loss of life
- In an Effort to Combat Dipping Ratings, ESPN Is Heading to Snapchat
- Festival Foods hosting Salvation Army Red Kettles
- Intrexon Corporation (NYSE:XON) Experiencing Unusual Activity Mid-day
- Following freaky attack, Sen. Rand Paul returns to work
- Trump Asks China's President To Help Resolve UCLA Shoplifting Case
- PSL 3 draft ceremony kicks off with renowned Cricket stars
- Firearms amnesty launches in Milton Keynes
- Sensex, Nifty plunge amid investor concerns over government finances, retail inflation data