Two SEC teams enduring disastrous seasons will look for some semblance of positivity Saturday afternoon as Arkansas visits Ole Miss.
However, the Hogs managed to rally, completing their largest comeback in SEC history, winning on a Connor Limpert 34-yard field goal with seven seconds remaining in the game.
As Razorbacks quarterback Cole Kelley dropped back to pass, it looked like he was faking like he fumbled the ball before turning around and looking to throw. Look for Ole Miss to lean more heavily on bellcow running back Jordan Wilkins, who has racked up 365 yards and three touchdowns on the ground over his last four games despite not getting more than 18 carries in any of them.
Ta'amu stepped in for sophomore Shea Patterson, who is done for the season with a knee injury.
The left-footed kicker had to wait through three Ole Miss timeouts.
Nine UK sailors dismissed after failing drug tests
Michael Fallon orders compulsory drug tests across the fleet and gives the Navy head an "absolute roasting", Sky sources say. According to the Daily Mail , traces of cocaine were found in the blood of the nine servicemen of the HMS Vigilant .
The Landshark defense held Arkansas to only a touchdown in the third quarter.
The Razorbacks (3-5, 1-4 Southeastern Conference) trailed 31-7 in the second quarter, but scored two touchdowns following two Ole Miss turnovers to pull within 31-21 by halftime. The Rebels were not tricked at all, and the play ended with an incomplete pass.
The Razorbacks answered quickly with a scoring drive of their own caped off by a 12-yard pass from quarterback Cole Kelly to Devwah Whaley.
Senior Gary Wunderlich booted a 37-yard field goal and Ta'amu scored on an 8-yard keeper to boost the lead to 24 with 10:51 left in the first half.
- Florida denies report of buyout conversations with coach Jim McElwain
- Australia foreign chief stands in for PM after deputy ousted
- Model, 14, collapses and dies after 12-hour fashion show
- Leafs look to Leivo, Kapanen to replace injured veterans
- Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc
- Nose of plane carrying Oklahoma City Thunder dented on flight to Chicago
- Amadeu: Our worst game
- BlueCrest Capital Management Ltd Cuts Position in H&E Equipment Services, Inc. (HEES)
- Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola: 'Vincent Kompany still 10 days away'
- Led Military Coalition Announce Iraq-Kurdish Ceasefire