As Hollywood's fervour for re-boots shows no signs of abating, news has arrived that the Ace Ventura: Pet Detective films may come in for the re-make treatment.
And while the reboot will look to the future, Robinson has also confirmed that he is open to the prospect of a "baton-handing" which will see Jim Carrey make an appearance to pass on the Ace Ventura mantle to a new generation. Often cited as one of the best sports comedies out there, the original Major League hit theaters in 1989, and starred notable names like Charlie Sheen, Tom Berenger, and Wesley Snipes.
Director David Cronenberg is said to be supportive of the idea of reimagining his film Dead Ringers as a television series, and Morgan Creek is now seeking a showrunner.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) Receives "Hold" Rating from Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc
Penserra Capital Management LLC acquired a new stake in Tractor Supply during the 2nd quarter worth approximately $139,000. Credit Suisse Group's price target would indicate a potential downside of 10.22% from the company's current price.
However, Deadline reports on Friday (October 27th) that Morgan Creek Entertainment Group, which owns the rights to the movies, is considering a re-boot after more than two decades. For example, Ace is seen as being a viable franchise for either film, TV, or both.
It's highly unlikely that Carrey will return, having recently revealed that his old self doesn't exist anymore, and with Man on the Moon documentary Jim and Andy: The Great Beyond set to underline his underrated strengths as an actor, he'll probably concentrate on more serious projects, such as Michel Gondry directed Showtime half-hour, Kidding. The trade blog also mentions that there are also discussions with a showrunner for a Dead Ringers series reboot. One major production company is now relaunching itself and planning to bank big on the properties in its library.
Outside of Ace Ventura and Major League, Morgan Creek is also exploring a reboot of the Young Guns franchise, as well as a TV series adaptation of Nightbreed, which creator Clive Barker would reportedly be involved with in some capacity.
- Securities Analyst Recommendations: ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. (ZIOP), Sanchez Energy Corporation (SN)
- American Midstream Partners LP (AMID) Given "Outperform" Rating at RBC Capital Markets
- Charlie Heaton 'Stranger Things' Star Busted with Coke Denied Entry to US
- Double Fun With Priyank Sharma's Re-Entry And Pooja's Dhinchak Video
- Most Active Volume Stock: Rite Aid Corporation (RAD)
- Rochester singer Teddy Geiger says he is transitioning
- Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) Announces Earnings Results, Beats Estimates By $0.03 EPS
- Should Lukaku's record v top 6 give Spurs hope at Manchester United?
- Injured Benteke still weeks away from Palace return: Hodgson
- With Butler back, Timberwolves top Thunder, 119-116