Modi, who was speaking at a "Diwali Milan" event for mediapersons at the BJP headquarters in New Delhi, pointed out that funding to political parties is often debated but not their values, ideologies, internal democracy and how they give opportunities to the new generation of leaders.
Modi also said that the country has witnessed the positive role played by media in making the Swach Bharat Mission a success.
Seen as a veiled attack on reports of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi soon occupying top party past, Modi demanded that people should discuss whether democratic values are enshrined in the core value of the political party.
PM Narendra Modi is meeting journalists and interacting with them at the BJP HQ. While the ordinance has been put on the back-burner for now, senior BJP functionaries indicated that had Rajasthan Chief Minister made a decision to carry on with the legislation, the central leadership would have intervened.
In the annual interaction with the media, Modi said that it has rekindled the memories of old days when he used to work at the party headquarters.
Watch The Chester Bennington Tribute Concert
Linkin Park are now airing their Chester Bennington tribute concert live on YouTube, which you can stream below. Talinda said: 'He was incredibly proud of the music done through relief, he knew it saved lives.
The event was also attended by party president Amit Shah, Union ministers Dr Jitendra Singh and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
Stressing the inter-dependent relationship between politicians and the media, he said that "there have been expectations on both sides as also complaints". But I think it is our professional hazard.
The party's expansion may be a reason behind divergent views, he said. The PM said that there are some practical problems, due to which he usually can not get to the media. He noted that when it was a small organisation earlier or during the times of Jana Sangh, its forerunner, there used to be "ideological harmony" from its central leadership down to workers in the bottom rung. "But it has become hard now", he said.
"That was an enjoyable atmosphere and we talked a lot".
PM asserted that it is only by experience one could conclude who comes with an agenda and who comes to serve the people of the nation. But when it comes to the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, all are on the same page.
- There's a new shingles vaccine and experts say you should get it
- EQT Corp. (EQT) Posts Earnings Results, Beats Expectations By $0.15 EPS
- Amazon Launches Business Prime Shipping
- West Virginia football 2018 schedule announced
- Agartala gets Rajdhani Express train that will run once a week
- CBSE calling in applicants for compartment, improvement, and failed candidates
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Q3 Earnings Climb 14%
- Noteworthy Stocks: Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (VRTX), McKesson Corporation (MCK)
- Australia foreign chief stands in for PM after deputy ousted
- Bihar: Five killed after consuming illicit liquor in Rohtas