But given the backup quarterback problems in today's National Football League, it would not be a surprise if he did.
The combination of Prescott and Rush has plunged Kellen Moore down the depth chart.
Moore, 28, confusingly lasted three years with the Cowboys even being thrust into playing in three games during the teams very bad 2015 season.
First charges filed in Mueller investigation
Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 USA presidential election has apparently yielded some fruit. A federal grand jury has approved the first charges in the investigation spearheaded by special counsel Robert Mueller .
Per ESPN's Todd Archer, the Cowboys prevented the Eagles from claiming tight end Blake Jarwin from their practice squad. The Cowboys previously released Moore in September when he failed to make final roster cuts. They re-signed him to the active roster within days. Moore lost his spot as the Cowboys backup quarterback last week, when he was inactive for the first time this season and former No. 3 quarterback Cooper Rush entered the game for mop-up duty. The Cowboys didn't want to risk losing him, according to the Star-Telegram. He played tight end as a sophomore before the Cowboy Back position was created.
Per the Star-Telgram, Moore's time in Dallas may have some last legs. His only game experience came in 2015. He's thrown four touchdowns in his career.
- Bills trade Marcell Dareus to Jaguars
- Mom Sent To Prison After Beating Daughter For Reciting Bible Verses Incorrectly
- Speier Shares Own Sex Harassment Story, Calls Congress 'Breeding Ground'
- Vikings WR Diggs on track to play against Browns
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMD)
- Man arrested for starting Bear Fire in Boulder Creek, looting home
- Should Lukaku's record v top 6 give Spurs hope at Manchester United?
- Kathy Griffin fires back at 'deeply misogynistic' Andy Cohen
- Price Target Analysis Allergan plc (AGN)
- Ashley Judd Feels 'Special' & 'Supported' After Telling Harvey Weinstein Story